Man bun???

Okay, I'm an old fart, and I admit that some of the 'new' fads are beyond me. Like grown men spinning toys. But of late I'm mystified by another thing I see popping up. The man bun hair-do thing. More and more, I see some young guy with his hair all bunched up in a bun on the back of his head. WTF?

Trying to imitate a Japanese samurai?

Unisex thing?

Given that this particular trend has already pretty well been born, lived and died, I think we're safe on this one.

I've never seen anyone with that hair style in real life. I normally don't care how others wear their hair.

You seem rather judgemental about things others do, Carl. It is a consistent theme over the years in many of your posts. Not that I'm judging you for that. We need people to carry on the cultural tradition of old men looking askance at all of these young whippersnappers and their new-fangled ways and lawn-trespassing. :)

The good thing about man-buns is I don't see so many Hipster-douchebag-Trilby-Hats anymore.

Also, you kids get off my lawn!

trilby-vs-fedora-know-the-difference.jpg

You guy must have giant foreheads:p

Its for holding our beer scouts duh!

302748g.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me im gonna get back to sipping my 128 proof bourbon neat whilst i restore this early 1800's cupboard that one of you guys built;)

I used to see a couple of young men at the gym wearing man buns. One was really peculiar. He shaved the sides on his head and wore a pink ribbon wrapped around the bun.

They also has full sleeve tats. Sometimes just on one arm. I don't understand that either.

I used to see a couple of young men at the gym wearing man buns. One was really peculiar. He shaved the sides on his head and wore a pink ribbon wrapped around the bun.

They also has full sleeve tats. Sometimes just on one arm. I don't understand that either.

The tats are a cyclical thing. It used to be if you had one tattoo you were badass. Then you needed a bunch. Then you needed to be branded. Then you needed to be pierced. Then you needed a sleeve. Then you needed body mods. Lord knows what's next.

IMG_1340.JPG
The tats are a cyclical thing. It used to be if you had one tattoo you were badass. Then you needed a bunch. Then you needed to be branded. Then you needed to be pierced. Then you needed a sleeve. Then you needed body mods. Lord knows what's next.

Tactical sheath piercings

Just imagine putting some neo magnets in your hip. Then you could just stick your knife on with no hassle.

Stay away from credit cards, drives, and big chunks of ferrous metal though.

J jackknife Whatever you do, stay away from downtown Austin during the Body Hacking Convention next Feb.
People standing in lines waiting to have magnets and subdurmal micro-chips implanted... I'm not being judgemental, it's just that the older I get, the more I feel like I'm living in a science fiction movie.

When I was growing up it was Beatle haircuts, then really long hair, and some men would use a head band or use a rubber band and make a pony tail to keep it all in check. However, none of that stuff was 'girly'. The manbun thing is, quite frankly, a bit feminine for a man, unless you are a pubescent Sikh. In that case, you are going to become a warrior and your hair will be covered with a turban.

When I was growing up it was Beatle haircuts, then really long hair, and some men would use a head band or use a rubber band and make a pony tail to keep it all in check. However, none of that stuff was 'girly'. The manbun thing is, quite frankly, a bit feminine for a man, unless you are a pubescent Sikh. In that case, you are going to become a warrior and your hair will be covered with a turban.
Lol. "It wasn't girly when we did it, but now it is."

Lol. "It wasn't girly when we did it, but now it is."
Exactly. Long hair and ponytails were certainly "girly" until they became commonly seen on men, and gradually were less associated with women's styles. Same thing with earrings (unless ya were a pirate). Styles change, whatever. I really don't have a problem with it, I just like to mock because I am curmudgeonly.

The more stupid stuff kids do to be different, the older I act and feel.

Man bun? When I hired in on my job, if a kid showed up with one of them, the foreman would have held him down and butt.... him himself. Now, management requires us to be all lovey dovey and the ability of these guys to do the job is definitely different! Lol

Back