Manix 2 lockback

I assume 91B means you were a mechanic. In my day a 91B was a combat medic. This knife would have been a perfect addition to the kit of a medic.

No sir, 91bravo was a Combat Field Medic back when I was in. They changed to wheeled mechanic sometime in the early 2000s I believe. I carried a Benchmade Griptilian and a Gerber multitool when I was in.

Is it flickable? Thumb and middle finger?

I have 2 backlocks; Delica and Native 5. Delica I can flick relatively easy, both thumb and middle finger. Native is thumb only and requires a bit of wrist assistance.

How is the flickability of this one? Just curious.

Is it flickable? Thumb and middle finger?

I have 2 backlocks; Delica and Native 5. Delica I can flick relatively easy, both thumb and middle finger. Native is thumb only and requires a bit of wrist assistance.

How is the flickability of this one? Just curious.

Not flickable in my experience. The backlock spring is too strong for flicking, or I just have wussy fingers...lol You'll have to do the full arc of the opening with your thumb.

No sir, 91bravo was a Combat Field Medic back when I was in. They changed to wheeled mechanic sometime in the early 2000s I believe. I carried a Benchmade Griptilian and a Gerber multitool when I was in.

No such knives when I was in. I carried a Buck 501, 110, and a modified 103. All were secured when jumping out of airplanes. Too bad Spyderco was not around in those days.

Edit: im a dumbass, posted a pic of the wrong knaf

Attachments

• dlttrading-1492624189402.jpg
    dlttrading-1492624189402.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Now let's see a backlock taken apart. I think the backlock will be kind tricky, since they use a floating lockbar pin now.

For those that have the new back lock manix, does there seem to be any up and down blade play?

Any lock rock on heavy cutting?

For example, my Native 5 has a bit. My Chaparral has none at all.

Picked up mine today. Initial impressions:
Very strong feeling lock
Very good fit and finish
I like the smoother texture much better than my cbbl manix 2. I also like the much reduced jimping on the back lock. This new one goes in and out of pockets much better.
I believe I like the tip down carry better than tip up. Seems to take up less room.
Knife was very sharp out of the box.
I've been looking for something like this for a while. Millie's are great, just a bit too long for my needs. I've never really taken to the PM2. This one seems to check all the boxes and I do like back locks.
First class pocket knife, in my humble opinion.

I got mine, today. No, I mean, zero blade play or lock rock. I am amazed by this knife. Anyone on the fence about this one needs to get off and buy one.

Got mine. Perfectly built, great edge, zero play, I am very impressed with this. It's going to be my second favorite next to the para 2. The silky g10 handle is really something else. I hope more knives get that soon. When the lock engages it's the loudest and most satisfying clack you'll ever hear. And no lock stick whatsoever. Perfect in all ways right out of the box!

The M2BL fixed all the things I did not like about the PM2. I think this is the best larger folder Spyderco makes. Time will tell if my impressions will hold up, but so far I can't find anything to complain about. If it were a tad lighter, maybe...maybe. It is not heavy, now. It weighs about the same as a Military and no one complains about the weight of that knife. It has not left my pocket since I got it (nor my hands). Most importantly, it passed a crucial test---slicing apples. A lot, and I mean, a lot of knives will not do this task well. The M2BL shaved off those thin slices extremely well. I am a happy camper, as the saying goes.

The M2BL fixed all the things I did not like about the PM2. I think this is the best larger folder Spyderco makes. Time will tell if my impressions will hold up, but so far I can't find anything to complain about. If it were a tad lighter, maybe...maybe. It is not heavy, now. It weighs about the same as a Military and no one complains about the weight of that knife. It has not left my pocket since I got it (nor my hands). Most importantly, it passed a crucial test---slicing apples. A lot, and I mean, a lot of knives will not do this task well. The M2BL shaved off those thin slices extremely well. I am a happy camper, as the saying goes.

I'm still loving mine as well. It has dominated my pocket since I received it.

Steve Boomer52 is sending me one of his g10 clips and I think it will fantastic on my backlock Manix! I'm so amazed at the fit and finish of this thing, that I really really hope that they come out with the backlock in the XL version as well!

Back