Manix 2 lockback

Love me some Manix!
wks5aMB.jpg

I love the manix 2 and unlike some of you, I love the steel liners. I also love my g10 native 5. I kind of wish the new back lock manix had the liners. Most of the time I don't care about the weight and I like the feel of a solid knife. Maybe that's just me? I won't let that stop me from getting one though! I'm sure I'll love it anyways. It's a manix after all! I'm sure it will fit my hand perfectly. I keep hearing mentioned how loud the engaging lock is. I'm sure it's just the fact that there are no steel liners and bare g10 tends to make things louder.

Ok so I'm weak... ordered one from knifecenter about an hour ago... here we go again! What to tell the wife? Ah well, I'll just play it by ear and hope she's in a good mood. It's actually a bit worse... I also have an all black Manix 2 XL on the way as well. Oh I'm going to roast big time!

^^ Yep. It is a bit worse with the Manix XL. Anything else you want to confess while you're at it?

You are roast :D

^^ Yep. It is a bit worse with the Manix XL. Anything else you want to confess while you're at it?

You are roast :D

I think that's everything... although don't think my wife has seen my whole collection at once. One blade with a spydie hole looks just like any other blade with a spydie hole to her. The realization that all my knives are not all the same knife will eventually be quite a surprise I'm sure. I've decided she doesn't need the added stress and therefore I will be continuing my current method of 'one knife out at a time'. It's easier this way... for now...;)

I think that's everything... although don't think my wife has seen my whole collection at once. One blade with a spydie hole looks just like any other blade with a spydie hole to her. The realization that all my knives are not all the same knife will eventually be quite a surprise I'm sure. I've decided she doesn't need the added stress and therefore I will be continuing my current method of 'one knife out at a time'. It's easier this way... for now...;)

So true! Haven't admitted to thinking about it that way :confused:

Curious to hear what you think about the Maninx 2 Lockback, once you have some time with it. Those that have it, love it. I want one, but there are others ahead of it on my list. One day...

Not enough pictures (or videos) of this knife. Can someone help? More pics! 91bravo, thanks for all yours!

not even a question for me..... I LOVE THIS KNIFE! The M2 lock back is tops in my rotation of the WE knife 703, para 2, Microtech auto stitch, and the back lock manix 2, and soon to be m4 military

for me its the extra thickness in the handle above everything else that I love about the back lock manix 2 in comparison to the standard model

I love the M2BL. If I could only have one folding knife this would be the one. I do have a translucent blue LW on the way, but it will never replace this BL version.

91Bravo, from one to another, I agree that we need a M2XLBL and we need it yesterday.

I love the M2BL. If I could only have one folding knife this would be the one. I do have a translucent blue LW on the way, but it will never replace this BL version.

91Bravo, from one to another, I agree that we need a M2XLBL and we need it yesterday.

It would be a happy day for me to add this to my cutlery arsenal!

Ok, I currently don't have anything in the Manix family. I think I'm gonna give one of these a shot, but I can't do it without first getting what's been near the top of my list for a while now, the LW Maxamet. Incoming thanks to wife approval (not that I hid it, but after she saw my inventory spreadsheet a few months ago, why bother? :rolleyes: ...we both still laugh about that one). I'm hoping when I'm ready there may be more colors of this BL available.

Thanks for being great enablers and posting some great pics fellas, and 91B :thumbsup:

Mine has been delivered and is sitting in
my mailbox at home. I won't be home for a couple hours yet and I probably won't get much done here at work thinking about it... ;)

Mine has been delivered and is sitting in
my mailbox at home. I won't be home for a couple hours yet and I probably won't get much done here at work thinking about it... ;)

That's what I call the limbo stage. It's in your mailbox, but you're stuck at work. Time turns to molasses...especially if it's a knife you're really really looking forward to!

Ok, I currently don't have anything in the Manix family. I think I'm gonna give one of these a shot, but I can't do it without first getting what's been near the top of my list for a while now, the LW Maxamet. Incoming thanks to wife approval (not that I hid it, but after she saw my inventory spreadsheet a few months ago, why bother? :rolleyes: ...we both still laugh about that one). I'm hoping when I'm ready there may be more colors of this BL available.

Thanks for being great enablers and posting some great pics fellas, and 91B :thumbsup:

Convo sent!

All I can say is this thing is sweet! The g10 feels smooth and amazingly very much like the linen micarda on my esee 6. There is a slight step between the backspacer/lockback and the scales. (The scales are around .003" lower on the back strap). Lockup is rock solid with no blade play in either direction and centering is perfect. The primary bevel is perfectly symmetrical and very sharp. If it's quiet you can hear a slight whisp of a rub from backlock bar to scales just before closing . These things are not a big deal at all but I notice them so I'm mentioning them. I'm an aerospace quality manager and have been for the last 25 years, so I do tend to be rather critical. I would say the fit of the scales to backspacer/lockback are slightly better on my native 5.
All in all, the wider grip feels great in my hand. I'm not missing the liners like I thought I would. The thicker blade also makes this thing feel like a heavy duty manix. I'm going to carry it as my primary knife for a few weeks and see what I think after a bit of use.

Last edited:
Mine came perfect. The back spacer is flush and there are no visible lines even where the lock bar is located. It opens smoothly and locks into place with a loud (!) and solid sound. I love the thick handle, as you note, and the thick blade still slices very well. This is my favorite knife. I am hoping for more iterations and soon.

Still loving mine! It is my every day work carry.

I would love a BHQ M4 manix 2 lockback in jade g10

Last edited:
Back