Recommendation? Marbled Carbon Fiber Urban Trapper (bladehq exclusive)

Has anyone gotten the Marbled Carbon Fiber Urban Trapper from Bladehq in hand? Please share your thoughts here.

Looking at the photos online the scales look amazing. I'm not sure about the nuked finished on the handle and clip tho, it doesn't match the knife's gentleman personality.

I picked up the marbled carbon fiber urban trapper a couple of weeks ago. The carbon fiber was a little rough. Today, I removed the clip and hand sanded the scales with 600 grit to remove the mill lines from the machining process. It didn't take very long and I didn't press very hard since the idea was to remove as little material as possible since I only wanted to remove the mill lines. I stopped at 600 since I wanted to retain the factory satin finish.

As far as the liners and clip, I am not sure what you are getting at with regards to the "nuked finish." My cocobolo urban trapper has the same liners and clip. The finish is the standard that they use for all the regular production liner lock urban trappers. The Mass Drop S35VN urban trapper is the only one I am aware of that has had any anodizing done.

JonesE

Thanks JonesE. I compared the photos again and you're right, the finish on the liners and clip are same as the standard version. They are not "nuked", perhaps I need to get my monitor tuned. :)

I'm still unsure if I should pick this one up. I'm not thrilled about buffing CF myself.

Back