Massive Tusker

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Almost finished with this one. This is a Big Boar Tusker with an added guard. It's a 1/4" thick by 1 3/4" wide O1 steel. 13" overall with an 8" blade, brass guard and walnut burl scales. Thanks for looking
Scott

walnut.jpg

holy shitaki mushrooms batman!

That's one HONKIN' knife.

Nice job Scott!

Brett

scott,
if the guard is open at the top, how do you keep it on. Stupid question, but gotta ask.

Brett

guess I could have paid a bit more attention to the other thread with your process of making this knife.

Dork I am!

brett

Scott, The photo you have of the two knives in the tree trunk, the top knife with the yellow handle, what is the model/NR and is that Osage orange wood? Thanks, John.

Very neat---I believe "Mother Tusker" seems appropriate. ;)

John, that is my version of the WSK only with a straight edge. Yes, It's osage. Here's a better pic.
Scott

Picture147.jpg

I just left Scott's shop and saw that Big Boar Tusker and it is going to make someone vary Happy.

Dennis

I refer to both that big guy at top, and the WSK.

That WSK is one bad looking knife!

That looks like a great camp blade! it should make someone very happy!

Thanks for the compliments. The Tusker is on it's way to the new owner. Sure is hard letting them go. :)
Scott

Scott, I really like the tusker. I'm glad I found this thread because I see the picture in you other threads (must be part of your signature) which makes it confusing which knife you are talking about.

Back