Mathew Martin Pen

Hey,

I am looking at Mather Martin custom pens, the 375 series... Any one have any impressions of them?

I can't decide between copper, brass or zirconium. Anyone have any experiences with zirconium?

Hi,

I only have experience with the older 400 series (titanium/carbon fiber), but they are very nice, well made pens. A bit heavy, even for titanium, but in a good way. I stayed away from copper and brass because they seemed a bit too heavy for daily front dress shirt pocket use.

The 375 series looks good as well.

Well... I didn't know which one to buy, so I bought them all! I will post pics and impressions when I receive them.

Have you seen his new mini cap pens? That are really well machined gorgeous little pens. I snagged one recently, textured ti with zirc accents. About 3 5/8" They have the glass breaker/strike end too.

Well... I didn't know which one to buy, so I bought them all! I will post pics and impressions when I receive them.

You'll like them, probably keep all three if you're into nice pens. Among the many different styles/makers of pens out there, MM is my favorite.

You'll like them, probably keep all three if you're into nice pens. Among the many different styles/makers of pens out there, MM is my favorite.

I was iffy on the clip, but I think it will grow on me. I picked up some Monteverde Gel Parker-style refills for them, as well as the Parker Gel refill. Does anyone recommend any other parker-style gel refill?

Actually, the clip for me is a plus. The long tail(if that's what its called), makes it easier to clip into the pocket without paying attention. I've lost one Hinderer and dropped a couple because they weren't clipped good. I stick with the Fisher space per refills, sometimes in my line of work, writing on a wall is the only option.

Actually, the clip for me is a plus. The long tail(if that's what its called), makes it easier to clip into the pocket without paying attention. I've lost one Hinderer and dropped a couple because they weren't clipped good. I stick with the Fisher space per refills, sometimes in my line of work, writing on a wall is the only option.

I completely understand. I am a software engineer that works in an office. I'd like to think that I'd like to be prepared to write anywhere, but the reality is my desire to write well is more important than my desire to write anywhere in my situation.

More pics coming soon.

19425320_238776563303236_1903431945405071360_n.jpg

Back