Matt Easton would like to be on Forged in Fire...

I had to look him up... Seems like he is a sword enthusiast that designed a knife that was made by Poshland Knives (PK from here forward).

The product that PK makes, looks eerily reminiscent of knives that are made in Pakistan and often have Very low quality (by my standards). I have seen folding knives sold as being made in Pakistan, and they are featured on the PK home page. Said knives often have many complaints against them regarding the F&F, unknown origins and types of alloys used, HRC values, and other insightful information.

If you would like to gamble on a knife from PK, seek out information about the knife, brand, and competitors.
I am only stating this in an attempt to keep the user/purchaser safe.

If there is any other ties between Matt Easton and PK other than PK made a knife for him that they still sell, I am not aware of it.
I do not know if Matt Easton receives royalties or payment from the sales of the knife that he designed.

Last edited:
Does he even make knives, or does he just seeing Knives in collaboration with poshland knives in Pakistan ?
I tried googling him and all I saw were bowie's designed by him that were made by poshland in Pakistan.

Does he even make knives, or does he just seeing Knives in collaboration with poshland knives in Pakistan ?
I tried googling him and all I saw were bowie's designed by him that were made by poshland in Pakistan.

He said he would want to be a consultant, not a maker.

He's an expert in historical fencing and military history before modern firearms. He knows a lot about swords.

Last edited:
Redacted, see my first post.
Quotes and responses of/to my posts by others are no longer applicable.

Last edited:
I have tried to watch Forged in Fire, but the reality show format sucks. It humiliates the contestants with its phony competition and imparts little about the art of forging knives. There is a great documentary on a smith in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, who followed genuine ancient Japanese techniques to make a true katana. Wish there was more of that quality of show.

It's TV. The show you'd rather see would only be watched by a tiny audience.
I watch it and get a kick out of it.
Joe

I have tried to watch Forged in Fire, but the reality show format sucks. It humiliates the contestants with its phony competition and imparts little about the art of forging knives. There is a great documentary on a smith in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, who followed genuine ancient Japanese techniques to make a true katana. Wish there was more of that quality of show.

I like Matt's videos and think he would be a great consultant for sword making. He very commonly reinforces any claims regarding the use of antique weapons with resources and published accounts. Plus look at all the antique and reproduction swords he has. He knows a thing or two about how a sword should feel and act.

Yes, I believe he only designs knives. He designed a bowie or two and sent the design to Poshland. They made the knife. He was happy with it, and similar pieces from Poshland are available on amazon. I think they're made in Pakistan. I couldn't find any country of origin info.

If he knows that much, then he should not be able to sleep at night with selling crap knives made of car bumpers and hub caps.

He had originally listed a fully functional entirely Damascus war hammer for £700, and he marked it down to £200... If that wasn't thievery to begin with, trying to get someone to bite on it with a HUGE price cut shows his markup, and his willingness to take advantage of folks with more money than education or sense...

He may be knowledgeable, I do not know enough on the topic of swords to make an educated statement on that, but I can say that I am not impressed with the way he handles himself or conducts his business...
I don't find people doing huge markups to be doing anything egregious. It's just capitalism in action. Supply and demand. If people are stupid enough to pay a zillion dollars for a piece of crap, then more power to the smart ass who sold the crap. Not only is something worth what a jackass will pay for it, but we all know a fool and his money are soon separated. Darwinism applies also in the free market. Survival of the fittest. Fools lose their money, and smarties gain as a result.

Last edited:
Have you ever checked out man at arms on YouTube ?
A lot of the stuff they recreate is ridiculous fantasy stuff, but when they did the kill bill katana their traditionally trained sword smith went as far as to make his own steel in the traditional Japanese method.
In this video a bit of production factor was added to keep it from being as boring as something you might see in a national geographic documentary , and it was also only about 30min I believe which helped me from getting bored with it.

BTW as not to bring this thread too far off topic I'll mention that he was actually on forged in fire.

"Since this has to be his intent, then I have to think rather low of this person. And your excusing and support of his nature by saying the market breeds and encourages this behavior is Very telling of your character G GrReaper ."

Whoa now, easy does it. I did not say that I would do anything of the sort. (I wouldn't.) But all I'm saying is that the knife business is like everything else. Buyer beware. Everyone knows (or should know) that almost everything from Pakistan can't be trusted.

Last edited:
I had to look him up... His folders look like the stuff that is often made Pakistan.

I mean, some of the holes he drilled in his blades aren't even spaced evenly. If I am going to drill holes as a decorative piece, they would be measured, even, dead straight or following a prescribed arc. They Definitely would not be just punched willy nilly with a drill press unevenly, out of line/arc, not spaced evenly, et al...

I don't know the guy, so I can only look at the work that he showcases on his personal site, and it looks amateurish or hurried at the very least. If an item is going to be an example, it better not be hurried or have a glaring flaw...

Holy crap. I didn't even know he made or designed knives. I thought he was just a cutlery nut, HEMA guy and antique cutlery dealer.

I'll have to go google, but do you have a link to anything that states he actually makes folders? I didn't think he was a folder guy.

Anyway, to put it in context, I don't think he wanted to go there as a contestant, rather to test the finished products as he thought he'd be good enough to test European style blades. Still it'd be really interesting to watch him as a contestant lol...

Someone here should start a poll of the makers here. Then campaign to get them on the show.

I agree. Do any F in F production folk lurk here?

Tell Charlie Mike to keep down the cuss words and get him on.

Last edited:
Back