Maxamet PM2, Let's get this done!!!

In. Lefty preferred, but a righty could work too. ;) Please keep the G-10 gray ...

I'd probably try and order one and then get in trouble for buying another knife.
my vote would be for a brighter colored handle material.

Would keeping this at top of thread be a way of helping this happen?

Also

Since s110v came out on manix with blue FRN then spread to more knifes with blurple g10

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if maxamet did happen the scale color would be a shade of gray g10

Which brings up the PM2 in cruwear has similar color

Would keeping this at top of thread be a way of helping this happen?

I hope so!!! :D:D:D

Also

Since s110v came out on manix with blue FRN then spread to more knifes with blurple g10

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if maxamet did happen the scale color would be a shade of gray g10

Which brings up the PM2 in cruwear has similar color

Good question. That's a reasonable assumption, but hard to say. I guess if I had my choice, I'd go for some shade of dark green for this one. But honestly, I'd carry it despite color. Pink, purple, brown, yellow, even black... :eek: ;)

I hope so!!! :D:D:D

Good question. That's a reasonable assumption, but hard to say. I guess if I had my choice, I'd go for some shade of dark green for this one. But honestly, I'd carry it despite color. Pink, purple, brown, yellow, even black... :eek: ;)

I don't care if it was pink with lady bug polkadots and sparkle hearts

I'd carry it with pride (ultra deep pocket clip though)

Use Maxamet as the blade steel for the first pm2 titanium compression frame lock sprint. i'd be all over it

I'll take a skeletonize steel Compression lock thank you! Ti in that geometry of lock face will be more of a problem than a benefit.

As to scales. A PM2 with the Chalky smooth finish Carbon Fiber currently seen on the Knifecenter Cruwear Manix 2 paired with a Maxamet blade would make an insanely strong, light and handsome PM2. Price it at $329 MSRP for a street price of $197.40 and you'd sell a crap ton of them!
Sign me up for a user and a backup now!

Last edited:
As to scales. A PM2 with the Chalky smooth finish currently seen on the Knifecenter Cruwear Manix 2 paired with a Maxamet blade would make an insanely strong, light and handsome PM2. Price it at $329 MSRP for a street price of $197.40 and you'd sell a crap ton of them!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'll take a skeletonize steel Compression lock thank you! Ti in that geometry of lock face will be more of a problem than a benefit.

As to scales. A PM2 with the Chalky smooth finish currently seen on the Knifecenter Cruwear Manix 2 paired with a Maxamet blade would make an insanely strong, light and handsome PM2. Price it at $329 MSRP for a street price of $197.40 and you'd sell a crap ton of them!

I'm in like Flynn

So long as I can tell my cruwear PM2 apart from the maxamet

I don't really need to, I rotate through 4 PM2's for edc

Use Maxamet as the blade steel for the first pm2 titanium compression frame lock sprint. i'd be all over it

U gotta be a bit more specific. Say flutted Ti.

While the performance of Maxamet is superb i hear i would rather have a stainless steel. Rust forms easy where i am. Had a M4 jade PM2 and i had put a drop of tuffglide as protective coating and stayed inside the house and it formed rust spots only after a day. I would still prefer a S90V or a ZDP-189 with flutted/sunburst Ti instead.

I had even sent a recommendation to Spyderco to do a sprint run with ZDP and red (dark red) G10 but lady replied stating that PM2 is US made and using all US materials. Then i thought what about M390, thats not US but did not get a reply after that. Lol

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think a maxamet PM2 in just a regular old color like grey or black would be amazing.

Just a regular pocket knife look, but with an absolutely amazing steel like maxamet.

I am absolutely enamored with maxamet so far. My lightweight manix has held an edge longer than anything I've ever used. Let's be real, I'll buy duplicates of any knife that comes out in maxamet. It's a users knife no doubt.

I'm in. Seems like sooner or later Spyderco will produce a PM2 in Maxamet. My vote is for standard production terracotta/rust/dull or burnt orange G-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd pick up a Maxamet pm2 in a heartbeat! Hell, I'd pick up most any other model in Maxamet. Some of the best steel I've ever used in my many years of carrying knives.

Back