Maxamet PM2, Let's get this done!!!

I've been interested in trying maxamet...just haven't pulled the trigger. Sounds like consensus is that it's preferred over most other super steels so I'll definitely be picking up one of these PM2's.

Sold my PM2 with a DLC coated blade with the idea that I'd get another one down the road (I love the knife but was desperate to scrape up funds for a grail I was chasing). I just read the long term maxamet testing thread and I'm convinced the PM2 in maxamet is the next knife I need!
Me too and or a manix 2 in maxamet

ParaMilitary2 Maxamet Dark Gray G-10 as a production model for $180 is great news.

so I have managed to save up the funds for this, and somehow I just cant bring myself to do the preorder. I am realizing my patience has it's limits. I want this knife and am willing to pay retail, but I don't want to wait several months.

So, my question... I am not familiar with Spyderco preorders on Knifeart.com. Once they are announced and the take orders, is it a total unknown until they ship, or is it typically a known amount of time (say, 2 months)? If I pays my money, I wants my knaaf! I could wait a month or so, but longer than that I may have to come back around to this...

Thoughts?

so I have managed to save up the funds for this, and somehow I just cant bring myself to do the preorder. I am realizing my patience has it's limits. I want this knife and am willing to pay retail, but I don't want to wait several months.

So, my question... I am not familiar with Spyderco preorders on Knifeart.com. Once they are announced and the take orders, is it a total unknown until they ship, or is it typically a known amount of time (say, 2 months)? If I pays my money, I wants my knaaf! I could wait a month or so, but longer than that I may have to come back around to this...

Thoughts?
Here's how I see it cuz I'm the same way. Some places don't take preorders, its first come first serve. So just go to one of these sites and hit the "email in stock" button and they shoot you an email immediately when the knife is up for sale. That way your money isn't ties up in a preorder. I don't preorder and this works for me.

Here's how I see it cuz I'm the same way. Some places don't take preorders, its first come first serve. So just go to one of these sites and hit the "email in stock" button and they shoot you an email immediately when the knife is up for sale. That way your money isn't ties up in a preorder. I don't preorder and this works for me.

Yep!!

Back