Maxpedition question

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about purchasing a Maxpedition Mosoon Gearslinger and I would really like some input and maybe a few pics on your uses with it. Thanks.

Heres a couple of past shots....

My goto EDC and woodsbummin bag. The Maxpedition Kodiak. Ive went through a ton of packs and I like this one best. Good size, not too small like most Maxpeditions. I like being able to swing it to the front to get things out on the move, without having to stop, take off pack, and put on pack. Another reason I like the single water bottle pocket and MOLLE on other side. Axe on one side, fluids on the other. Some guys whine about single strap packs hurting their fragile bodies, but it dont bug me as long as I dont overload it. Which with what I pack aint a problem. If I need more room, I take a bigger pack. This one has been used and carried everyday for the past 6 months. Still like new. Id take this over the Monsoon. Ive tried em both and the Kodiak is hands down better.

Lamine026.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

Some past Maxped purchases....

10x4, strap, and pouch....
100_0002.jpg

Falcon II with dual 10x4s. I really liked this setup. One bottle holder for Guyot/cup, the other housed tarp and line and stakes.
100_0572.jpg

100_0576.jpg

Only bad thing about Maxped is non US production. :thumbdn: However, they are nice, well built and will serve you a long time. What are you wanting to do with one? That would help to base a reccomendation on.

I used one as a BOB for a while, now I just use it as a backpack.

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

My personal opinion, the more weight you put in it, the more you will be wishing for 2 straps instead of 1.

I plan being universal with it. I'd like to be able to take it on a 2 day outing and also be able to use it as an EDC if needed. I dont plan on packing too much in it, just some water an emergency blanket a tarp some food, a knife and perhaps a light pair of clothes. I do like the straps on the bottom of the Monsoon and the Falcon II. Gives me more carry option as far as carrying a jacket or blanket on the bottom of pack.

Cool I just ordered a Maxpedition VULTURE-II and a Maxpedition JUMBO VERSIPACK on the weekend. Should be here in another week. I'll make a thread on them after they get here and I've had a chance to play with em a bit.

I've been using my Jumbo Versipack for a while now and really like it. I wish the bottle holder were a tiny bit larger in diam, so my GSI cup would fit better, but it can get stuffed in there.

I also have the maxped phone holster and spartan wallet - great gear, silly tag "American Design Made in Taiwan"

I'm looking to get a Falcon - I REALLY dig the setup with the 10x4s - Thanks for sharing it!

I love my Maxpedition gear. My only complaint with the Falcon-II is that it's about a foot too short for my body type, so the shoulder strap keeper is in my neck and the waist belt only goes to my belly button. Other than that it's a great 24 hour pack.

I ordered a 5.11 Rush 72 the other day. Going to see how it does. Going to get a Tactical Tailor "Removable Operator Pack" which is a daypack that can piggy back on your MOLLE straps as well, TacTailor makes excellent stuff and it's all made in the USA. Trying to narrow down on a BOB pack, but seriously considering an Eberlestock so I can carry a long weapon.

Yet another thread gets moved....

Not sure who moved it guys

Just got the Maxpedition Falcon II today. What a sweet pack. Went to GI Distributors here in town. Was able to play with all the Maxpedition packs and GearSlingers. Man they make some cool stuff. I really liked the Vulture as well but settled on the Falcon II:D

I've had Kodiaks and Sitkas. I like the gearslinger better than the other 2. It seems to be more comfortable with heavier loads and is much quicker to swing around to the front when need be.

Back