Maynard's Delkalope

:D Sandpaper. I suppose it could be used as toilet paper. It's sticky on one side so there is no risk of grip slip. I suggest refinishing a credenza with it first. Kinda knock the edge off :p.

3M-02593.jpg

We used to do training on different aspects of the auto body & paint trade where 180/240/320 block paper was used. We don't anymore and the training center was going to throw this stuff in the dumpster as it's been on the shelf way too long.

I don't want to see it in a landfill before its time so I send it to Montana where a large portion of the "grit" ends up on John's floor. Gotta be ecological 'n shit, right? :D

Rupe!
while I've seen belts so old they come apart at the seams,
I've never had Sandpaper spoil on me from being on the shelf too long?? Splain please...???

Somebody must have spiked my coffee with estrogen. Again.
I hate it when that happens.
Rupe!
while I've seen belts so old they come apart at the seams,
I've never had Sandpaper spoil on me from being on the shelf too long?? Splain please...???
Everything has expiration dates, too many lawyers in the world or something. Remember in "Forrest Gump" when his mama said, "I don't want my boy to grow up and retread tires for a living!", well, I used to retread aircraft tires for a living. Government/military contracts came with inspections and expired stock of anything got feathers ruffled. Perfectly good things would get tossed because the manufacturer put an expiration date on them for that very reason!

Should we do a dangler sheath for this so it can be worn with a pack, or just one that hangs low? Not sure I've seen a dangler with this style of knife, but Maynard usually carries a pack I think and billygoats ridiculous terrain. What say you Maynard?

Should we do a dangler sheath for this so it can be worn with a pack, or just one that hangs low? Not sure I've seen a dangler with this style of knife, but Maynard usually carries a pack I think and billygoats ridiculous terrain. What say you Maynard?

Something that keeps the end cap down below the belt line would be beneficial for sure. Although, I've lost knives before(and Glocks) at elevations I didn't want to re-gain. So, this one would be inside the pack with the zipper triple padlocked.

In a pack?

I'd wear that on my belt everywhere I went. The bank, grocery shopping, the swimming pool, church, the DMV, my doctors office, you name it.

:D

Something that keeps the end cap down below the belt line would be beneficial for sure. Although, I've lost knives before(and Glocks) at elevations I didn't want to re-gain. So, this one would be inside the pack with the zipper triple padlocked.
I carry a knife in my pack when I hunt, if it's on my belt, it's just another thing I gotta check to make sure I didn't lose!
In a pack?

I'd wear that on my belt everywhere I went. The bank, grocery shopping, the swimming pool, church, the DMV, my doctors office, you name it.

:D
Ha, flip flops, swim trunks, and a belt knife!

Loin cloth. I'm goin' Tarzan. :p

Greystoke_The_Legend_of_Tarzan_Lord_of_the_Apes_36386_Medium.jpg

Paler and with a beer gut and a much less defined but, yeah. That's the look I'm thinkin'. :D

I hate it when that happens.

Everything has expiration dates, too many lawyers in the world or something. Remember in "Forrest Gump" when his mama said, "I don't want my boy to grow up and retread tires for a living!", well, I used to retread aircraft tires for a living. Government/military contracts came with inspections and expired stock of anything got feathers ruffled. Perfectly good things would get tossed because the manufacturer put an expiration date on them for that very reason!

It would be great if there were expiration dates for Lawyers other than their death and tires of all kinds & yes, pharmacitcals, yes and many others, still when it come to sand paper! Never seen it mean squat! Ether it work or it don't and still never seen it mean a thing on 30 plus year old paper. It's not like someone is gonna die from using it! LOL

Ha, flip flops, swim trunks, tee shirt, and a Glock 19
That's how I CCW'd in San Diego for many years. A separate QD nylon belt with that 'lil plastic Glock holster kept everything in place, even if I had to drop my trunks for a quick poop... :D

Shield.jpg

Glock 26.jpg

Same set-up works for a G26 or S&W Shield too...

Well that's an ugly mess, but it's better than listening to Shel's armed poops:D

Another South paw sheath, damned wrong handers!
Right now I'm thinking the back piece will be vinegaroon black, and the front piece a dark brown with a black strap and silver snap. The edging will be black also. That sounds strange but I think it's gonna make the handle pop. The front piece will be pigskin lined, with a little folded lip on the outside

I think so, part of me wants to leave it undyed and natural, and part wants to do it like I explained above, dark and "rich" colored. Still not sure whcih way I'm gonna go but leaning towards the darker.

Pigskin puzzle piece. I've only done one pigskin lined sheath before and it took me a few tries. The top is punched for stitching and the pigskin is glued just over the stitch holes. From here I'll stitch it, fold it over and glue it to the backside. Pigskin sucks, it's rubbery, and doesn't want to form like cow but it makes for a nice lining.

Pigskin puzzle piece. I've only done one pigskin lined sheath before and it took me a few tries. The top is punched for stitching and the pigskin is glued just over the stitch holes. From here I'll stitch it, fold it over and glue it to the backside. Pigskin sucks, it's rubbery, and doesn't want to form like cow but it makes for a nice lining.

Interesting! At least your not messing with rawhide.

Dayam. That's all I have to say. Dayam... :thumbup:

I think so, part of me wants to leave it undyed and natural...
IMO, that would suck. I have a talented former friend that makes outstanding sheaths for a high-volume mid-tech knife maker, and he leaves most of his sheath 'raw'; the theory being, dye/stain/treat it to your own needs. Personally, I think that's a major cop out. Worse come to lazy, but a hot-vat, fill it with melted wax, and spin dry 'em on an outdoor fan works well. Cheap-azz bastids is cheap azz...

Sheldon, you need to tell us how you really feel, not all this vague talk.:p

I was thinking more along the lines of a classic neatsfoot oil finish. I went with dyeing it, and am still fighting pigskin, almost done with that part.

Here's an ugly picture, but gives an idea of how the front piece will look.

Back