Maynard's Delkalope

It's looking good John, spacer stack looks good, butt cap as long as it's flush with stag I'd say buff it out and be done with it.

:thumbup: That is looking incredible, John. As usual. Damn nice work.

Hey Chris, that sticky backed sandpaper is awesome by the way, works great for flatsanding and on a sanding block, been meaning to tell you that.

Thanks. The cleaning fairy at work found five more rolls so don't be cheap with the stuff. :p

That is looking fantastic, brother! The butt plate and the antler to washer junction fit up perfectly! :thumbup:

It's looking good John, spacer stack looks good, butt cap as long as it's flush with stag I'd say buff it out and be done with it.
You're right Scott, this is the point where I'll obsess and fiddle without really improving anything.
Thanks. The cleaning fairy at work found five more rolls so don't be cheap with the stuff. :p
Sounds like we need to talk bidness!
That is looking fantastic, brother! The butt plate and the antler to washer junction fit up perfectly! :thumbup:
For my first attempt at this style I think it's turning out pretty well. There's about 400 things I'll do different next time.

Quit being obsessive compulsive OCD. :D John that is another piece of fine work.

The cleaning fairy at work found five more rolls so don't be cheap with the stuff.
Wait, whut? What eggsackly are we talking about here? Five rolls of what? :confused:

Unrelated, I recently took a survey on a new type of 'ridged' toilet paper, and they sent me four sample rolls. Seems to work pretty well, so far...

Ruffles are supposed to have ridges, not toilet paper Shel.
Chris got me hooked on the good stuff.
giphy.gif

Wait, whut? What eggsackly are we talking about here? Five rolls of what? :confused:

Unrelated, I recently took a survey on a new type of 'ridged' toilet paper, and they sent me four sample rolls. Seems to work pretty well, so far...

:D Sandpaper. I suppose it could be used as toilet paper. It's sticky on one side so there is no risk of grip slip. I suggest refinishing a credenza with it first. Kinda knock the edge off :p.

3M-02593.jpg

We used to do training on different aspects of the auto body & paint trade where 180/240/320 block paper was used. We don't anymore and the training center was going to throw this stuff in the dumpster as it's been on the shelf way too long.

I don't want to see it in a landfill before its time so I send it to Montana where a large portion of the "grit" ends up on John's floor. Gotta be ecological 'n shit, right? :D

Close to having it shaped, polished it up real quick to see where we're at. Still have a little ways to go. That's just electrical tape goop on the front of the guard, looks like crap in the picture, but the guard is nice and clean.

That is freaking KNICE!!! I knew it would be but, DANG, I didn't know it would be that knice.
Wow.

I'm speechless. That is a gorgeous knife. Something I'll cherish for a lifetime and pass down for others to bloody-up once I'm no longer able to. Wow.

I'm speechless. That is a gorgeous knife. Something I'll cherish for a lifetime and pass down for others to bloody-up once I'm no longer able to. Wow.
Now, now, Maynard, don't go getting all sensitive on us! ;)

Well done, John! :eek:

Sheer perfection!! I'm crying for Maynard!
Also Hubba-Hubba comes to mind!

The flow of the handle, the butt plate, solder joint on the guard, the finish of the blade.. it all looks great!

Is Maynard really worthy of such a masterpiece? If so, he must be one hell of a good dude.

Thank your very much for taking us along as you transformed this from idea to reality.

The end result speaks for itself and the new owner should be very happy!

He's really not Mack, my hope is he'll use it on himself so I don't have to hear any more blubbering:D

Thanks Dennis and Shel, I really enjoyed this one, it was my third guard, third leather stack, and first antler. Good learning experience.

Welcome to the ghost town heat_treat, I'd really like to do more detailed WIP's, but I get going and forget to take pics.

Now for a sheath, I'm gonna try a strap over the guard on this one.

I need to learn how to blubber.

Wow! That turned out absolutely perfect. Job well done.:thumbup:

Back