Meaning of your call sign

Tanker 1/66

Gold Member
I always try to figure out call signs. Sometimes they are quite obvious and others well ????? They each have a special meaning to us thats why we picked them.
I was a Tanker with Charlie Company 1st Battalion 66th Armored Regiment 2nd Armored Division. As an 18 year old it left a lasting impression on me and helped shape my life. I'm proud of my years with that unit it shows in my call sign and the tattoos on my skin. I miss it everyday. The Esprit De Corps is what I miss the most not the big guns the smell of burned diesel and burned munitions. Its the men that I served with.
The meaning of Esprit De Corps is a feeling of pride, fellowship, and a common loyalty shared by the members of a particular group. I have found that here with my Beckerhead Brothers. We have Esprit De Corps. Thanks Brothers from Call Sign Tanker 1/66

I was a moderator on an MP4 forum. I used to create themes, and write guides showing how to fix bricked players, etc. Anywhos, my username there was The Warrior Poet. I got it from the movie Braveheart, where he said they fought like warrior poets, and won their freedom. I am of Scottish descent, so I rolled with it. People there called me warrior for short, so I dropped the poet. Kind of boring, I guess, but that's where it comes from.

I have one of the lamest call signs, and a lame story to go with it.
I don't remember what the first thing I needed a username for was, but it was around 14 years ago.
I had an Acer computer that said "Acerpower" on the keyboard. I've used this name for everything ever since.

I have one of the lamest call signs, and a lame story to go with it.
I don't remember what the first thing I needed a username for was, but it was around 14 years ago.
I had an Acer computer that said "Acerpower" on the keyboard. I've used this name for everything ever since.
Damn, I thought mine was bad, haha. :D

If I had known I was going to stick around for a couple years I might have spent a little more time on a name. My wife is Martha, hence the M. People have called me Bay since college since its the first syllable of my last name. Then wife's birthday. Booooring, but then it probably fits with my online persona. ;)

Mine was my MOS in the Army. Back then it was the call sign for Combat Field Medic. I boxed on the All Army boxing team when I was in and I could hear my friends chanting "91, 91, 91, BRAVO!" as I was getting knocked out at the time! lol Now, I think 91B is wheeled mechanic of some sort. Motorpool job basically.

Mine is nothing too exciting. Though it takes a little explaining....

Pàdruig is a Gaelic variant of the name Patrick. And though the "u" in the name makes it more of a Scottish variant of the name, I am actually quite heavily Irish. However, since there are a lot of Gaelic variants of the spelling, it doesn't particularly matter as they were used all over the Isles over there. Plus I like the "Pàdruig" spelling.

That is the short and sweet of it.

You might be asking why I have Patrick as a handle when my name happens to be Dylan (for those of you who know me as such, it's in my sig as well). Well, when I was a wee lad, my two little brothers and I were taken in by a family and adopted due to the wonderful misadventures of our biological parents. During the adoption process, my new family determined that it was necessary for us to have a name change. New beginnings, fresh start, and all that jazz. They took my first name and made it my middle name, took my last name, changed the spelling and made it my first name, got rid of my former middle name, and added an additional middle name. Still following me?

My former name was Dylan Patrick Ryan. Pàdruig is my way of connecting myself to my roots, in a sense. Might be cheesy, but it works.

Mine is quite obvious ;)

On other forms however I've gone by several names the most interesting background is probably
Vikingowl I'm of Viking descent and my relatives fought in the French Revolution counter revoulutuion they fought for "king and country". The where part of an organization known as the Chouan and there symbol was an owl because the would hoot like an owl as an all clear sign....

It appears in my sig as well still working on a better sig like maybe crossed Viking axe and bk 9 and then an owl somewhere and maybe bk 9 and axe with like the original 13 colony flag background or something since I'm also a son of the American revolution

Last edited:
I was a moderator of an MP4 forum. I used to write guides showing how to fix a bricked player, etc. Anywhos, my username there was The Warrior Poet. I got it from the movie Braveheart, where he said they fought like warrior poets. I am of Scottish descent, so I rolled with it. People there called me warrior for short, so I dropped the poet. Kind of boring, I guess, but that's where it comes from.

I thought this was a J. Peterman reference at first.

"Official KA-BAR" wasn't my first choice, but I suppose it made the most sense.

My hunting buddies gave me my handle Swampdog over 30 years ago because I hunted inside of swamps when the hunting dogs were running deer.

Most hunters would stand on trails that the dogs were pushing the deer down on their way to the swamp. I would put on chest waders, grab my shotgun and wade out in the middle of the swamp, sit on a small piece of high ground waiting for a buck to slip by.

When I'd get back in camp at night my friends would ask, "Well, what did you see you old swamp dog?"

Back