Mega-Raffle Fundraiser for Amy!

Fiddleback Outpost is raffling off a dozen prizes (or more) in order to raise money for an extremely worthy cause.

For details, go here:
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/blogs/news/mega-raffle-fundraiser-for-amy

Meet Amy
19369166_10155335414288363_1485893244_o_large.jpg

Amy is only 33 years old. She is a single mother of 2 beautiful children, 7 and 9 years old. Amy was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. It is stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The cancer is in her lymph nodes, as well as her liver and other organs. She has undergone over 8 chemo treatments to date and is fighting like hell to beat this disease. She's a wig-wearing superhero as far as we're concerned

Due to the pain, sickness, medical appts and procedures, Amy is unable to work and only has a few weeks of disability remaining before her job no longer will hold a position for her. Her disability will run out around the time this raffle ends. With more chemo scheduled, it's unlikely that she will be able to return to work. Donations are to help with bills and for her to spend time with her children building memories while she is still able to. She is putting up one hell of a fight and we would love to make sure financial struggle doesn't keep her from spending time with her young kids.

Amy's GoFundMe Page

The Mega-Raffle Prizes

Knife #1 (Donated by an Anonymous Awesome Person)
FF_Camp_Muk_-_Bocote_-_4_1024x1024.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Camp Muk

Blade Length: 4.5 Inches
Overall Length: 9.25 Inches
Blade Metal: 3/16" O1 Steel
Handle Material: Bocote - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes
Tang: TT - Tapered Tang
Grind: Convex

Knife #2 (Donated by an Anonymous Awesome Person)
WAS_Kodiak_-_KOA_-_2_1024x1024.jpg

WA Surls Kodiak

Blade Length: 4.75 Inches
Overall Length: 9.625 Inches
Blade Metal: 5/32" A2 Steel
Handle Material: Hawaiian Exhibition Koa - Hemp Wrapped Bolster - Black Liners - White Pinstripes
Tang: TT - Tapered Tang
Grind: Flat

Knife #3 (Donated by an Anonymous Awesome Person)
WA_Surls_Huntsman_-_Desert_Ironwood_Burl_-_4_1024x1024.jpg

WA Surls Huntsman

Blade Length: 3.25 Inches
Overall Length: 7.25 Inches
Blade Metal: 3/32" A2 Steel
Handle Material: Arizona Desert Ironwood - Black Liners - White Pinstripes
Tang: SFT - Skeletonized Full Tang

Knife #4 (Donated by an Anonymous Awesome Person)
WA_Surls_Inlander_-_Goncalo_Alves_-_1_1024x1024.jpg

WA Surls Inlander

Blade Length: 3.5 Inches
Overall Length: 7.5 Inches
Blade Metal: 3/32" A2 Steel
Handle Material: Goncalo Alves - Black Liners - White Pinstripes
Tang: SFT - Skeletonized Full Tang

The Diomedes Industries Sheath Prize - $85-135 Retail Value
FullSizeRender_228_1024x1024.jpg

One Diomedes Industries Sheath of your choosing from our current offerings. Pick your style from pocket carry to belt carry in beautiful leather. Tooling options, thread colors, danglers, etc... are all options

This great sheath is Crafted by hand at Diomedes Industries in Virginia, USA! Each sheath is beautifully hand-cut and hand-stitched from 8-10 oz oiled and drum-dyed leather, giving each sheath a rich finish and color.

The Olight Prize - $65 Retail Value
FullSizeRender_227_1024x1024.jpg

Olight S Mini Baton Cu - Raw Copper - Limited Edition

The S Mini CU is the smallest CR123A battery compatible flashlight ever produced by Olight. The limited edition premium material used is Copper. Powered by one CR123A battery, the S Mini has four levels of brightness plus a strobe mode and covers a range from 0.5 to 550 lumens.

The HRK Machining Prize - $50 Retail Value
IMG_5686_1024x1024.JPG

HRK Machining Copper & Titanium Custom Firesteel

HRK Machining Firesteel has a threaded, replaceable ferro rod with a custom machined copper head with a titanium cap. Scrape it with an edged piece of steel (or a sharp rock) for a super hot set of sparks sure to ignite your tinder bundle in short order...or preferably, your Fat Rope Stick!

The Fire Water Survival Chief Survival Kit Prize - $40 Retail Value
IMG_5689_1024x1024.JPG

The 'Chief' Survival Kit

This self-contained survival kit includes a litany of great gear to help you survive short-term in a survival situation in the great outdoors. Make a fire, boil/filter/drink water, fish, snare wild game, have a light source, and have some cordage. All self-contained within the stainless steel cup and cap that make up the exterior of the kit. Perfect for every backpack, glove compartment and bug-out bag.

The Fire Water Survival 3/8" Pocket Firestarter Prize - $40 Retail Value
IMG_5687_1024x1024.JPG

The Pocket Firestarter Set with 3/8" Ferro Rod and Striker

The squared tool steel striker, in combination with the high-quality ferrocerium rod, makes it easy to ignite tinder in a massive shower of hot sparks. When you're done getting your fire going, you simply insert each end inside the other and the magnetic clasp does the rest. You'll smile every time you use it, and not just because you just made a fire!

Every backpack, go-bag, and hunter's pack needs one...or two.

The Fat Rope Stick Combo Prize - $32 Retail Value
FullSizeRender_224_1024x1024.jpg

3 Sticks of the awesome Fat Rope Stick and a Fat Rope Stick Canister

Fat Rope Stick is the ultimate fire starting tinder. Working in almost any weather conditions, wet or dry, it's the most reliable way to get a fire going. Couple that with the beautiful custom firesteel from HRK Machining and you have a sure-fire way to get that camp fire blazing.

The Adirondack Wilderness Co Wanderer Patch Prize - $25 Retail Value
FullSizeRender_232_1024x1024.jpg

Wanderer Patch made by hand at Adirondack Wilderness Co.

A hand-dyed, hand-cut and hand-finished leather patch to sew onto your favorite pack or gear. "Not all that wander are lost" embossed in this beautiful leather patch. Upscale your favorite outdoor gear with a saying that says it all!

The Brothers Moore Cutting Board Prize - $25 Retail Value
FullSizeRender_223_1024x1024.jpg

Beautiful Walnut and Red Oak Cutting Board by Brothers Moore

This handcrafted cutting board measures 14.5" x 7" x 0.75". It's a beautiful addition to any kitchen! Brothers Moore is based out of the great state of Alabama, and can be found on Facebook.

For details, go here:
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/blogs/news/mega-raffle-fundraiser-for-amy

WOW Robert..You guys are the best! I need to send you some chili peppers.
Oh and I'm Totally In on this raffle! as of now!

Great raffle items for an even better cause. Don't need to think twice about that

Robert, Glad to read that Amy has been taking a turn for the better. Will be sure to spread the news and info about your raffle.

I am in on this. If you win one of mine - let me know - and I will take care of you.

This one means a lot to me and I want to push anyone to donate as much as I can.

Jason

Sorry everyone, I posted the raffle then dashed out for a short "vacation" with the family. I'm just now getting back on the grid.

Robert, this is awesome!
It is. Wish I could have organized it faster!

WOW Robert..You guys are the best! I need to send you some chili peppers.
Oh and I'm Totally In on this raffle! as of now!
Chili peppers!!!! And appreciate the support on the raffle!

Wow. You guys rock. God bless her. We are in.
Appreciate it! We're open to more prizes and/or support. Everything helps! We're hoping to blow the last one out of the water. She said the last time was a life-saver and really helped her and the kids, so it will be nice to do it again for her.

Great raffle items for an even better cause. Don't need to think twice about that
Appreciate you!

Funds sent, thanks for organizing this.
We're happy to do it...and thank you!

Robert, Glad to read that Amy has been taking a turn for the better. Will be sure to spread the news and info about your raffle.
She's definitely not out of the woods, there's still alot of fight ahead...but it gives her something positive to hold onto.

This is very cool Robert!
Thanks brother!

Big props to the Fiddleback Outpost for making this event happen.
Very generous raffle for a great cause. Best wishes to Amy and her family.
We certainly had some help. The knives were donations by some very awesome forum members that wanted to remain anonymous. It wouldn't be what it is without their generosity!

I am in on this. If you win one of mine - let me know - and I will take care of you.

This one means a lot to me and I want to push anyone to donate as much as I can.

Jason
Appreciate the consistent support brother!

- Robert

Just wanted to thank everyone for the support. Also, as a reminder, this ends Friday.

We've had some very generous donations that definitely exceeded our expectations! It's very humbling to watch everyone give their support and heartfelt messages to Amy.

We're very close to the goal amount (which is low, if you ask me!). I'd love to see us blow it out of the water and really give her some real financial relief! I think with 4 more days, we can definitely do it!

Thanks again everyone! Be sure to share our Facebook and Instagram posts about it. You can also tags friends and family in the comments there as well.

- Robert

Good stuff "Real Deal" Robert. I participated
Big Deal Bob is a great man!

Just to remind everyone...THIS IS THE LAST DAY!

We're only $500 from her goal!

We appreciate everyone who's supported this awesome cause. We truly have the best community of people on Earth! I'm happy to be a small part of it! - Robert

Well guys, her total is now at $10,105...that includes previous numbers as well. So this round was close to $5,000 raised. Thank you to everyone who shared/donated/prayed/etc. We really appreciate it. She's already let me know how much of a blessing it was as she was able to pay household bills that she otherwise would not have been able to cover and that it provided much needed breathing room financially.

I'm putting the master list together now for the drawing and should have that done soon.

Thanks again everyone...it's truly humbling to be a part of such an awesome community of people.

- Robert

Back