Mick...

What is your EDC? What's in your pocket or waistband? Just curious. Thanks for sharing.;)

SnG tanto #29. Great little knife.
PS: I guess I should read before I post. Obviously, I'm not Mick. Duh!!!

Mick,

I too would like to hear about the Military Folder. What model and blade style SnG do you carry? What type of blade finish do you prefer? Thanks again.

"R front SnG."

I'll bet it's a (spearpoint) Model 1.

"R belt Strider Military Folder"

I'll bet it's a variation on the AR.

"What type of blade finish do you prefer?"

Let's see, Tiger stripe?

BTW, tatsu, thanks for a welcome change of subject. As usual, absolutely NO sarcasm intended!

Lynn,

Just trying to get back to what we are all here to do, Talk Striders. BTW, how is your Model 2 Spearpoint serving you?

My (spearpoint) Model 2 SnG is serving me VERY well. As an ex-Sebenza owner, I think I appreciate it even more than most. So far, I've followed all of my personal "3 Essential Steps to Getting Familiar With A New Folding Knife".

1. I sharpened it
2. I cut myself with it
3. I field stripped it, cleaned and lubed it

I sharpened it on both my Edge Pro and my Sharpmaker. Both worked well on it.

I cut myself BAD while inserting it too quickly into its Kydex sheath.

Field stripping and maintaining the SnG is a breeze, even easier than a Sebenza. That's saying something!

Lynn,

What exactly happened when you were sheathing your SnG? I hope that there wasn't any major damage done and also that you have a speedy recovery.

I just got in a hurry, missed the sheath a bit and cut a little chunk out of my index finger. I stuck it back down after it bled clean, all's OK.

Back