Microtech Ammends Lawsuit against KAI

Good Lord...

How long are people going to peek in on the Microtech-KAI circle jerk? This will be nothing more than a thread full of gossip. Get a life...

If you take a look at the emails between Welk and Sculimbrene attached as exhibits, they don't support any of the new claims Microtech is seeking to make, e.g., that Welk became Sculimbrene's "handler," that KAI played an "active role in creating the [allegedly] defamatory article," etc. All of this is just complete drivel.

I am trying to think of a way for Microtech and Marfione to make themselves look any worse in this situation, and I'm coming up with nothing.

Last edited:
Yeah they are really shooting themselves in the foot. They have been added to my "never buy" list. On the flip side I'm probably going to pick up a Natrix when they are back in Stock.

Yeah they are really shooting themselves in the foot. They have been added to my "never buy" list. On the flip side I'm probably going to pick up a Natrix when they are back in Stock.

Has it been for sale yet?

I'm kinda curious if they're delaying those until the lawsuit is over.

Has it been for sale yet?

I'm kinda curious if they're delaying those until the lawsuit is over.

I haven't seen them in stock anywhere.
I don't see why they would have to delay them for the lawsuit, microtech isn't suing them over the design of the knife... especially since it's Kershaw's design lol. They are suing because the article supposedly harmed their business (not microtech's actions that led to the article being written :rolleyes:), which is funny because all the negative attention they are bringing on themselves by suing Kai and the blogger is hurting their business way more than the article ever could have.

Reactions: Mo2
in on first page.......this should be fun to see how long it lasts.

But isn't this where we discuss knives? The topic is about a lawsuit...
A lawsuit that one KNIFE company is filing about another KNIFE company that largely concerns KNIFE design and an article written about an upcoming KNIFE? I think we're covered on that front.

I'm not unsympathetic (grammatically correct double negative FTW!) to those who are tired of hearing about it, honestly, but I also think it's pretty interesting, on topic and potentially has ramifications that could have a fairly broad impact on both the industry and enthusiasts and reviewers that follow the industry.

But isn't this where we discuss knives? The topic is about a lawsuit...
But...dude's weavin hop, a "Maestro of malt."

Anyone watch those dirty Senators last night? Bobby Ryan does a full-body charge driving-elbow with Kung fu-follow-thru to the nose of Ruhwedel--giving him a concussion and putting him out indefinitely--and what do the refs do? Give the Pens a penalty for Ian Cole dragging Ryan to the ice and shaking him by the collar of his jersey. My point? Justice is a bitch.

I thought this was relevant twofold: From an injustice standpoint, and I heard Happy Gilmore tried taking his skate off once and stabbing somebody with it, so that's kinda knife related.

I've never owned a microtech, and I've owned many ZT/KAI. I am still considering buying my first microtech stitch. A lawsuit between two companies is on them..... I learned a long time ago that it's not worth my time to worry myself about getting somewhat involved in the arguments of others. If I was friends with some one who works for either company.... maybe I would be singing a different tune. I can understand fans taking sides for their favorite brands, but this is taking it a bit far. Thanks for the heads up on the law suit, but I will continue to make my knife choice based on what I NEED in a knife. Not condoning or condemning anything either company has done..... I just don't see the need to be concerned with it.

Both companies are US made, use high quality materials, and depending on your tastes.... make great knives.

If either was lying about the above sentence...... I'd have an issue

A lawsuit that one KNIFE company is filing about another KNIFE company that largely concerns KNIFE design and an article written about an upcoming KNIFE? I think we're covered on that front.

I'm not unsympathetic (grammatically correct double negative FTW!) to those who are tired of hearing about it, honestly, but I also think it's pretty interesting, on topic and potentially has ramifications that could have a fairly broad impact on both the industry and enthusiasts and reviewers that follow the industry.

Every recent KAI/MT thread is just "Marfione bad, me no like Tony". Very little knife content...

With Guardian Tactical around now you can get a Microtech knife without going to Microtech. Still Marfione seems to have some hand in Guardian I've seen some of their customs have blades ground by him.

With Guardian Tactical around now you can get a Microtech knife without going to Microtech. Still Marfione seems to have some hand in Guardian I've seen some of their customs have blades ground by him.

They collaborated with him on a few models, where he simply added a custom blade to their handles, but he does not have a hand in Guardian Tactical. They are a family owned business comprised of 1 ex-microtech employee, his parents, and one other ex-microtech employee.

Back