• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Microtech Facebook group warning

gte217e

Dealer / Materials Provider
Hey everyone,

A month or two ago I had a run of 10 custom Combat Troodon Interceptor knives made with carbon fiber tops, mirrored blades, and copper hardware. I had serial numbers 1 to 10 (#3 stayed with the Microtech family). The knife can be viewed on my website if you search for model MTC-0203.

A post was made on several Facebook groups for Microtech knives selling three of those knives. The photos were taken from my website along with the description but my logo was edited out or cropped.

A customer called me asking about this knife and said he had the opportunity to purchase Serial Number 001 knowing that I originally had these knives. I told him that seems odd because I knew that SN 001 went to a specific customer. I called him up and sure enough he still had it.

The facebook poster was eager to accept a lowball offer and tried to get the deal done as fast as possible.

I posted a comment on the facebook listing that it looked suspicious and that SN 001 was already owned and not for sale after which I was blocked from viewing this persons posts. The post was repeated in several groups asking $1650 for the knife.

The name that I saw was "Spencer Moore" and he is not a customer of mine as far as my records show. He has since been banned from a few groups but there are more than enough groups out there to scam unsuspecting collectors.

If you are suspicious about any knives for sale I urge everyone to call authorized dealers to verify information as much as possible and save yourself the headache of losing a shload of money.

Your a good man Dave...
Thank you for the heads up..

Thanks for the heads up. There must be a run on deception and theft. Was talking to a dealer this week who is putting restrictions on knives to California because they got scammed for several expensive knives here.

Mike

FB--Instagram....IMO Playing with FIRE...Stick to places like this with people that bring things like this to others attention :thumbsup:

FB--Instagram....IMO Playing with FIRE...Stick to places like this with people that bring things like this to others attention :thumbsup:

Facebook is actually pretty good. You can join brand-specific groups that are even tighter that the forums here. There's also some groups that exist specifically to publicize the names of scammers.

Back