Mid-west “Get together” Outdoor weekend June 9,10,11

Brian77

Gold Member
June 9,10,11 An invitation to an outdoor weekend

The bacon is ready and the chicken is here. I hope it suits all of you in June, and maybe others can now come as well. Let me know....

This is a first for us, and we look forward to meeting some of you, so come on up for the day or the whole weekend. If this site is well received by those coming we may try a full-fledged “gathering” next time. This is intended to be a test run of this site, and of the interest in this region. Arrive the 19'th at 4 PM or after. Come anytime on Saturday if that works. Sunday morning will be breakfast for those willing to make their own, and clean up. Any questions on that feel free to ask. I know I have not covered all details. (This is on private property that we own. )

I have enjoyed visiting with Uncle Ethan at Blade Show the last 2 years. I enjoy the fellowship I find here on the Becker pages. My sons look up to Mr. Becker. I am looking to give something back, and also learn from others. We love the outdoors, and spend a lot of time there. We host youth groups and family groups here at our farm throughout the warmer months, and so have the advantage of having a place that this type of thing can be done.

Where is it?

In Morgan County, central Missouri. About 4 miles west of Stover, Missouri, and north of Hwy 52. Exact directions can be emailed or PM to those coming. We are 2 hours from Kansas City and 3.25 from St Louis.

The site is somewhat remote (3 miles from a paved road) and about ½ mile from the gravel road. Access is good gravel road, and stone drive to within about 100’ of the site. There is running water, and a large creek, and plenty of space for hammocks, tents on mowed area, and some tables for eating.

COOKING will be over wood fire, unless you bring charcoal. There is a “camp kitchen” and a large raised fire pit. We will provide the firewood, and the eggs and bacon for Saturday breakfast. I will provide potatoes, cheese and thick bacon for Sat eve eating. Bring your own meat, and recipes to share… I have several large skillets and a Dutch oven that will be available of you don’t want to pack yours… There will be some crock pot cooking if everyone is game.

86YZ4Wb.jpg

OhClDGfl.jpg

iBvmZAyl.jpg

WHAT TO EXPECT?

Good people. New friends…. A great view… A family friendly environment.

Bring Knives, Food, and Drink.

There is a huge dead tree stump set for knife throwing and tomahawks. (30” wide and 9’ tall)
NGiE6mA.jpg

There is a portable toilet at the site.

HPtyB41.jpg

WHAT DO I NEED?

Bring whatever you need for the day or the weekend.

Food, drink, camp chairs, hammocks, coolers, and such. Knives.
Tents are fine. Bring a tarp or tent, whatever you prefer.

Trade items or whatever you want to show off.

ULXP3XA.jpg

CONTESTS? Maybe, if you take charge of that.

No dogs please for this first time.
No shooting this time, please.

Please respond and let me know I'M IN if you plan on attending.

Last edited:
psst -- last I saw, the 18th is a Thursday -- are you sure of your dates?
either way, I'll do my best to be there Friday.
if work isn't cooperative, I should be there before noon Saturday.

psst -- last I saw, the 18th is a Thursday -- are you sure of your dates?
either way, I'll do my best to be there Friday.
if work isn't cooperative, I should be there before noon Saturday.

Thank you Vik.
Got I fixed I hope.

I will be at the bartle scout camp the week of the 20th. So I might make it Thursday, Friday.
Firearms?

I will be at the bartle scout camp the week of the 20th. So I might make it Thursday, Friday.
Firearms?
I am thinking about that. We have a rifle range. About 100 yards north of the camp. And a decent spot for handguns. Just did not know what that might involve.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I'll consider coming. I'm not far away. 13 miles south of Wheatland close to Pomme de Terre lake

I am thinking about that. We have a rifle range. About 100 yards north of the camp. And a decent spot for handguns. Just did not know what that might involve.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

pretty much your shindig, so your rules.
I'm pretty fond of:
no loaded long guns except at the designated range
and
once you've had beer/booze in your hands, no firearm handling.

pretty much your shindig, so your rules.
I'm pretty fond of:
no loaded long guns except at the designated range
and
once you've had beer/booze in your hands, no firearm handling.

We have that rule in place for all that use the rifle range. No loaded guns unless in the firing position. Observers keep guns unloaded. We have children shoot here, and all under 12 are required to have an adult with them and paying attention. :rolleyes:

I will edit the first post above to say lets not have firearms for this first time. Maybe next time....

Sounds Great Brian and it's a lot closer than Tennessee. I have some schedule conflicts I need to work on, but would it be OK if I arrived around 4pm on Friday and then left sometime Saturday afternoon? I absolutely need to be home on Sunday the 21st. Pls let me know if a schedule like that is OK and then I can work on one other schedule issue. I am somewhat a "regular" on Becker Mountain so this sounds great.

Thanks, Steve

Sounds Great Brian and it's a lot closer than Tennessee... but would it be OK if I arrived around 4pm on Friday and then left sometime Saturday afternoon? Pls let me know if a schedule like that is OK and then I can work on one other schedule issue. I am somewhat a "regular" on Becker Mountain so this sounds great.

Thanks, Steve
Yes sir! Absolutely. Would love to have you.

If good bacon is any incentive, here is some I finished curing today. For those that have never sliced their own thick slice, right of the slab, it should be fun. I left 2 big pcs for that reason.

Xya6J4Tl.jpg

Yx1o80Sl.jpg

Just an update... Things are greening up, the redbuds are blooming, and the creek is back to running as it should be this time of year! I received my Moses Bowie, and will have that available for people to test out. We will have several chopping logs, and room to make the chips fly. I will update with some pics of the spring green grass in the next week or so.

Seeing the pics of the gathering with Ethan was inspiring. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Sounds like a great time and very generous of you Brian. I would consider making the long trek next year (this year won't work). Remember lots of pics!

I won't be there, but....kudos to you for taking the initiative to set this up, Brian. This is what the 'Heads are all about. Might want to contact one of the mods to get this stickied. Very magnanimous of you to host and set this up. I think you'll find whoever shows will pitch in and make it a great time. Looking forward to pics of the weekend!

It will keep getting better. Spring is a beautiful time to be in the Ozarks ..
09cb193c7a3fe67e54c4d8042ad9771a.jpg

I will stick this one up there. Looks like a good time. This is what we are about folks, using knives, and hanging out with good people. Oh and food. Mustn't forget the food...

Back