Mid-west “Get together” Outdoor weekend June 9,10,11

Thanks for the reminder - I need to start a batch of shoulder bacon for this.....

Derek, thank you. Vik looking forward to your shoulder bacon and meeting you.

I will update photos from a men and boys overnight event we are doing there April 28. That will give more perspective...

There is a huge dead tree stump we put there for throwing knives, hawks, and shovel throwing if anyone wants to try that. If someone has some games, or ideas for something like proper axe and hatchet use, That's great. I am not planning to organize something like that, but someone else is welcome to. I will cook, and relax, and help out as needed. The new raised fire pits done, and I cant wait to try it out...

I will see about being there. I'm supposed to be in India then, but not sure if that is going through or not. So if I'm not in India I will be there. I will know by the 11th of May.

10 days to go -- can we get a head count?

and yes - there will be homemade bacon...

Yes, let's get an idea of those coming. The weather is awesome. We had a chicken BBQ down there Saturday. I did 80 lbs of chicken. Ate 4 pcs.

Looking forward to this. Vic has some great ideas rolling around for contests.

This sounds like a great event in a fine location. Hoping it will be a success and continue in future years. Unfortunately I cannot be there this year - have fun everyone!

I will be traveling to PA for a wedding from tonight until Sunday night late... Email will be sketchy. I will respond after I get back. if you have questions, or are looking for directions, PM me here.

OR email at brian at ehstland daught c o m

Hello to all. Lets keep fingers crossed for good weather. Let em know if you need directions. email me or PM. I sent them to a number of people already. There will be some contest, and plenty of meat to go around. I will be grilling chicken Saturday afternoon for everyone.... Hope to see you there.

UPDATE RAIN DATES June 9,10,11 An invitation to an outdoor weekend

WE are rescheduling due to a forecast calling for several inches of rain over Friday, and Saturday. I apologize for the inconvenience. The bacon is ready and the chicken is here. But we can freeze it! I hope it suits all of you in June, and maybe others can now come as well. Let me know....

June is good - hopefully some can show off their new toys from Blade show!
I've been on the receiving end of a 3" storm system when camping, and it wasn't particularly fun.

Just an update, I will be headed to Blade Show Weds, so I will be away until Monday. Message or email if you need directions. Hope to meet some of you at either Blade or here.

We are back from Blade Show! Glad to see some of you. The boys had an awesome time and got to visit with Bladite and Ethan. Come on out this weekend if you can to central Missouri! I hear that 1066Vic was able to get a special box from Kabar for the contests! Tomahawk throwing, and cooking contests.

The weather is looking perfect.

counting the days and trying to figure out a way to convince the boss to let me out of work a little early on Friday.

truck is mostly loaded, cooler is half-loaded.
homemade bacon is in the cooler already so it can start thawing.

truck is mostly loaded, cooler is half-loaded.
homemade bacon is in the cooler already so it can start thawing.

excellent the food and the cast iron cooking and grilling are one of the fun things of many.

Back