Mike Snody MasterMind Grinding Jig Video Part II

UltraReef

Snody Admin
[video=youtube_share;qD7oYmtmvbk]http://youtu.be/qD7oYmtmvbk[/video]

one more question what angle is the jig set at. thanks for the information
I love your knives. they are works of art.

That's a question I cannot directly answer, you will have to get it and measure it yourself. I am not trying to be funny, but it's the perfect angle for grinding the main bevel on small knives, and it's the angle that Mike came up with to be the most proficient with this tool. Thanks! I agree, Mike Snody's knives are all works of art, I love each and every one of them! :D

one more question what angle is the jig set at. thanks for the information
I love your knives. they are works of art.

Should work just fine for flat grinding as well. I will get Mike to address that in the next video. :D

I would like one also. Please let me know when they are available again.
Looks very slick.

Will this work for Hollow ground curved blades?

Yes, it should work for just about any kind of grind and blade. Thanks!

Found the vid of it being used. Looks very handy and Full trust in Mikes word

Last edited:
There is the 2nd video at the beginning of this thread. Here is the first vid.

[video=youtube;jP3l9ZWjB_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP3l9ZWjB_Y&list=UU3B8LR1Tfj1EEIJNI41P7Ww[/video]

i have been using the jig and it works good. Mine was at a 30 degree angle and that is a little steep for me.

Thanks for buying a Mastermind, we really appreciate it. :) I asked Mike about your post today and we plan on addressing the subject in a video. In the meantime, I will pass on what Mike said to me. Since you are grinding on a round wheel, the angle actually changes as you go up and down, at one spot you will hit the sweet spot where the grinding wheel is flat against the blade. If the blade isn't in that spot, move it up or down with the various holes in the Mastermind until you find the sweet spot.

i have been using the jig and it works good. Mine was at a 30 degree angle and that is a little steep for me.

Just started using my Mastermind jig, and love it for hollow chisel grinds, but what is the best pin stock size to use with the holes in the jig,
I'm currently using small screws but would prefer to use snug fitting pins as Snody appears to be using in the vidoes.

Back