mini Kwaiken flipper confirmed

Thanks.

As of now BladeHQ shows 47 of the titanium and 299 of the G-10 in stock.

I think BHQ started with about 99 of the titanium yesterday.

I ended up ordering both,
couldn't help myself..

Compared to the titanium the G-10 is not only cheaper ($109.95 vs. $122.95) but lighter (3.21 oz. vs. 3.89 oz.) and should give a better grip.

Compared to the titanium the G-10 is not only cheaper ($109.95 vs. $122.95) but lighter (3.21 oz. vs. 3.89 oz.) and should give a better grip.

+1
If these knives are as nice as I am hoping for, they may replace more expensive edc's in my rotation

Yeah I debated about that as well, but I'm a sucker for Titanium and Carbon Fiber. Weight difference and cost wasn't that huge to make a fuss. I'm hoping that sales for the premium model will be good enough for them to release a CF version. Would be great if Boker could do Titanium liners with a steel insert slap and some cf scales on it.

Throw pics and initial reviews up please! They took so long to come I ended up spending my knife budget and need to replenish for next time lol.

Mine came in today

number 59.. flips great! Only downside so far is that the blade isnt entirly straight in regards to the handle..
I remember the normal kwaiken having the same issue. Its only by a 1 mm or less.. but i notice :)

So if you put the knife on a straight surface on its back you'll see it coming up just slightly in the middle..

Ah well maybe with a bit of wear it'll come back down..

Last edited:

Got the Tuxedo Yesterday and the Mini today
both beautful knives
mean flippers
the jimping is great and helps the flipping on both,
the titanium frame on the Tuxedo makes the knife feel so much lighter
I'll get my g10 mini on Monday, can't wait

[video=youtube;HoJE8YaLSBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJE8YaLSBM[/video]

My Mini Kwaiken Titanium is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Hope I don't have the same blade not centered issue as my full-size Kwaiken CF. In hindsight, I should've asked BladeHQ to pick a good one!

Does anyone do have an urban trapper and can say how they fair against one another as a slim carry? The mini looks like it can feel like it carries small than it is because of its straight frame.

Does anyone do have an urban trapper and can say how they fair against one another as a slim carry? The mini looks like it can feel like it carries small than it is because of its straight frame.

The urban trapper disappears in you pocket because it is so slim and light, but no where near as stout as the kwaiken.
The tuxedo is actually lighter than the titanium mini and it carries so much better than the heavier full size kwaiken
The titanium mini carries well and fit and finish are excellent and it flips like a rocket.
I like it a lot but have to g10 coming on Monday.
The g10 model is another half once or so lighter, that is the one I think will hit the real edc sweet spot

Blade on my new Mini Kwaiken is nicely centered and the added jimping on the flipper tab is most welcomed! Very narrow folder. A tad on the heavy side for its size.

Boker Mini Kwaiken Titanium next to the regular Kwaiken Titanium.

ae9c23a7-890b-47a2-adc7-07abc6284c36_zpsfttmphsn.jpg

6394d05c-1534-4c3f-9d38-3fde60559d18_zpskpfbvhvn.jpg

53de04bc-f2ad-4927-b7ad-1661eeb72dd8_zpswhylyupv.jpg

b93ea8e3-1311-4f8a-8778-51a3f516d94c_zpsvzgzhdf7.jpg

Just got notification mine came in early... It is a tad heavy for its size... I'll post pix later.

Back