mini Kwaiken flipper confirmed

I friggin love my wife. She just sent me an email. It's the receipt from blade hq for a g10 mini kwaiken, she ordered me one because I kept looking at it online. Looking forward to comparing it to the regular. I have an urban trapper coming in the mail too.
Awesome
You'll love it,
the more time I spend with both of mine the more I appreciate them, The Urban trapper is a favorite as well

sorry, that SOG Facet snuck in the picture

I always notice when a new knife comes out, almost immediately they start on the exchange.

The one thing that I noticed with the mini kwaiken is there hasn't been one up for sale or trade since it's launch!

I always notice when a new knife comes out, almost immediately they start on the exchange.

The one thing that I noticed with the mini kwaiken is there hasn't been one up for sale or trade since it's launch!

Funny,
I was thinking the same thing while I was playing with them yesterday, and the titanium model is sold out at Blade HQ
The Urban trappers only come up once in a while as well

I friggin love my wife. She just sent me an email. It's the receipt from blade hq for a g10 mini kwaiken, she ordered me one because I kept looking at it online. Looking forward to comparing it to the regular. I have an urban trapper coming in the mail too.

That is pretty awesome of your wife, sounds like a keeper!
my wife tells me to go ahead and order one when I tell her about a new one, she keeps me civilized after 35 years and gets all the credit for putting up with me for so long.

That is pretty awesome of your wife, sounds like a keeper!
my wife tells me to go ahead and order one when I tell her about a new one, she keeps me civilized after 35 years and gets all the credit for putting up with me for so long.
Thanks! It's good to have a great significant other, no?

We've been together since 2005 and it's been one crazy ride. She moved to NYC from the Berkshire's, MA after met online and dated. I'm actually ten years older but she was completely driven from the start. I also couldn't believe she looked the way she did yet had a 4.0 GPA in economics.

I helped her with her dream to go to school in NYC. When she got out of undergrad, she landed a job as a Wall St analyst, then lost her job in 2008 bc of the recession. I already worked in finance.

We had just bought our first house together, based on two salaries though.

6 months went by and we burned through our emergency fund, no job. So I said just go back and get your MBA. I liquidated my life savings in my 401k and then some to keep us afloat and not lose the house.

By 2010, our finances we're hanging by a thread, Bill collectors suing us. But she got her MBA. 5 years later were completely back on track and in that time have made a life for ourselves. We're not super wealthy but happy, it's all that counts. But I've never been one to stop her from getting a doodad or two that puts a smile on her face. When she was learning to ride motorcycles we bought her a Ducati which she traded for a gsxr 750. So a little knife here and there is perfectly acceptable!

Thanks! It's good to have a great significant other, no?

We've been together since 2005 and it's been one crazy ride. She moved to NYC from the Berkshire's, MA after met online and dated. I'm actually ten years older but she was completely driven from the start. I also couldn't believe she looked the way she did yet had a 4.0 GPA in economics.

I helped her with her dream to go to school in NYC. When she got out of undergrad, she landed a job as a Wall St analyst, then lost her job in 2008 bc of the recession. I already worked in finance.

We had just bought our first house together, based on two salaries though.

6 months went by and we burned through our emergency fund, no job. So I said just go back and get your MBA. I liquidated my life savings in my 401k and then some to keep us afloat and not lose the house.

By 2010, our finances we're hanging by a thread, Bill collectors suing us. But she got her MBA. 5 years later were completely back on track and in that time have made a life for ourselves. We're not super wealthy but happy, it's all that counts. But I've never been one to stop her from getting a doodad or two that puts a smile on her face. When she was learning to ride motorcycles we bought her a Ducati which she traded for a gsxr 750. So a little knife here and there is perfectly acceptable!

Yes it is, they keep us grounded
been a hard road for you at times, but your story made me smile, thanks for sharing

Full size Kwaiken in, check.

Urban trapper just in, check.

Mini kwaiken en route this week!

Can't wait to see which one I like best!

PS the grinds on these Bokers so far are dead even, like Taichung Spyderco quality even...!

Full size Kwaiken in, check.

Urban trapper just in, check.

Mini kwaiken en route this week!

Can't wait to see which one I like best!

PS the grinds on these Bokers so far are dead even, like Taichung Spyderco quality even...!

I don't think you can find a nicer flipper in the same price range as the urban trapper,
it's obviously not a brute or a beast, but it is a very classy gentleman's flipper,
nice addition

Ok so the big one is indeed the smoothest of the three. I like the mini kwaiken best, it has a really strong detent. I know for certain the urban trapper is going to get carried the most though.

I wanna put some custom scales on the full size Kwaiken for sure. I love the looks of the Ti but they are really slippery.

I can't decide what one I want they have the blackout tuxedo one in full size, but I think I prefer the mini size, I do want the satin blade so I guess I have to get the ti one. I really wish they made that blackout one in the mini or a cf mini. I just like that black blade, but it doesn't come in the mini! But I think I am goin to go with the ti mini and make some stabilized wood scales for it (or try to) I was debating between one of these and a zt 808 for my next purchase....

I can't decide what one I want they have the blackout tuxedo one in full size, but I think I prefer the mini size, I do want the satin blade so I guess I have to get the ti one. I really wish they made that blackout one in the mini or a cf mini. I just like that black blade, but it doesn't come in the mini! But I think I am goin to go with the ti mini and make some stabilized wood scales for it (or try to) I was debating between one of these and a zt 808 for my next purchase....

I ended up with both of the mini's and love them both, they are great knives.
Of the two I tend to favor the g-10 scaled model but was thinking about anodizing the ti scales

I ordered the mini ti kwaiken, if I really like it il get the big brother, I think I'm also goin to order the 808 this week to from bladeswelove on eBay with a custom ano job

Ya that's the full size one I'm goin to get if I really like the mini..... I think it is stuck in Utah though from bladehq to usps :(

This one is great! I'm wondering how many years kwaikens am I going to end up with.

So far I really like the mini but I'm thinking that it's edge is too thick. I'm going to play with thinning it out and if I fail. I'm going to ask one of the guys on the forum to do a regrind.

Back