Mnandi - what am I mising?

It's half the weight of the small sebenza which is noticeably lighter and offers a few more options for carry such as a shirt pocket or the coin pocket for jeans as a 2nd knife. I do carry both to the office but I don't like the sebenza anywhere but in my pants pocket. If I had to pick one knife I'd pick the sebenza since it can do more but thankfully I don't have to pick one.

This!

We are talking about office environment and/or special occasions, like a more formal event or so. Usually there is no need for a larger knife. I believe there are techniques to open a Mnandi with one hand. But I prefer 2-hand-opening as this matches with the elegant appearance of a Mnandi. I do have large hands but surprisingly the Mnandi fits well during .... again .... light tasks.

Mnandi, Elder Burl, 12

Mnandi, Elder Burl, 11

Mnandi, Elder Burl, 13

But if you are more into large folder and easy one hand deployment, then the Mnandi should not be your choice, just because it is a CRK.

For me it is the perfect office and gentleman folder.

Mnandi, Snakewood, Ladder, 18

Cheers,

I really like the Mnandi for work because of the size and that I can carry in a leather pouch!

The smalls were tearing up my khaki pockets!!

I've got large hands but even though the size is small on the Mnandi, it really works for light tasks.

I broke down and decided to give a Mnandi another try. I don't feel I have the PME from BLADE a fair shake by selling it so quickly. I just picked up a Gabon Ebony to actually carry and use for a little while to make a more informed decision. Time will tell. Ships tomorrow. Hoping for it to arrive over the weekend, Monday at latest.

I really tried to like it. It's visually appealing and well made, but in the end it was too small and inconvenient to open=not really funtional.

hoping to pick one up as an EDC for new york city. if i lived somewhere with better laws, there may have been knives higher up my list, but as long as i'm here, this is a very attractive option.

I've enjoyed carrying mine, glass slick action. I can see why they're so addictive.

Last edited:
I love the Mnandi style and size. I barely notice it in my pocket in its slipcase. Imo its completely non threatening in public and its actually started conversations with strangers a couple of times. "My Dad always carried around a little knife like that...." Kinda thing. As a tiny framelock I can also deploy it and close it with one hand.

I love the Mnandi style and size. I barely notice it in my pocket in its slipcase. Imo its completely non threatening in public and its actually started conversations with strangers a couple of times. "My Dad always carried around a little knife like that...." Kinda thing. As a tiny framelock I can also deploy it and close it with one hand.

I owned one six or seven years ago, never gave it a chance. Without the clip, carried in the case, it's a different animal. Very elegant.

I've been selling some of my redundant larger knives and have recently dug out my Mnandi to start carrying in my right front pocket. What slipcase is everyone using? The small CRK fits great for my Small 21 but seems too big for the Mnandi.

Last edited:
I've been selling some of my redundant larger knives and have recently dug out my Mnandi to start carrying in my right front pocket. What slipcase is everyone using? The small CRK fits great for my Small 21 but seems too big for the Mnandi.

The small CRK pouch is what I use...I do leave the clip on though.

Have not had the pleasure of owning one yet. Just prefer large blades. Anything smaller than 3.5 inch does not get any pocket time and thereby off to a different home. I am well aware that its a gentlemans/Ladys’ carry but if they had it in a larger version I would jump.

But who knows the way I am most likely will get one sooner or later to see what the fuss is about.

You can buy the Mnandi now and carry it in your pocket for awhile, then eventually you will progress to this. It won't fit in your pocket and it's a more egressive gentlemen folder that needs a concealed carry holster.

X-Tac-Elite-Compact-_New0968-copy.jpg

Like the other menbers said; you will end up with others in the future, so grab what you like now and enjoy.

Nice pistol, ESCA. If I had one like that I would sell it and buy some Mnandis...then take the clips off...then put'um in CRK slip sheaths...then put'um in my pockets.:D

Nice pistol, ESCA. If I had one like that I would sell it and buy some Mnandis...then take the clips off...then put'um in CRK slip sheaths...then put'um in my pockets.:D

How big are your pockets ??

some day perhaps ill get one. they were tied but after much consideration I have bought a small tanto sebenza. dont want to dive in head first now

I had one and moved on. At the time I felt a small Sebenza was too small. Now I have a few smalls and would love to add a Mnandi to the rotation.

Back