Cold Steel modified a cold steel ATC machete today (pretty rough)

so i bought an angle grinder today and turned my atc machete into a bowie shape. its pretty bad but its my first time trying something like this and all i had to work with was an angle grinder. the handle is an old car wash mop, weird but pretty comfortable. i will try to have my friend put an edge on the part where i cut and the clip point (he has a bench grinder). the sheath is really ghetto so i didn't show it, its made out of cardboard, sand paper, a cut up boxing glove and double sided tape. if someone really wants to see it i will post a picture.
P7100828.JPG P7100832.JPG

sorry, i haven't looked back here in a while i have been busy with my wrench knife project (will start a new thread about that). i do plan on polishing with something, i am still on the fence about the mop handle, (i keep getting neon fuzz on my gloves) i might get the tip sharpened (professionally or might try a file) as for the sheath its changed a little i had to sandwich a shortened ATC sheath between 2 pieces of cardboard wrapped together with packing tape. here it is: (the brown is sand paper and the black is the cut up boxing glove)
P8060828.JPG P8060830.JPG

IMO you will get satisfaction & fun from filing the point yourself, the machete will be all you.

Back