More Updated Pics KA-BAR 1246 Camp Knife

Mine came with the factory plastic sheath and it apparently had something in it like sand or a rock that left some crazy scratches all down each side.
I have since traded for the leather with another member here. Much more my speed.

Interesting. My worksharp KO leaves lines down the sides of my stripped blades. I thought it was my sheath at first so I washed the sheath. Then I realized that it was the dust from my KO gathering on the guide and scratching the blade. Just an observation on my part. I did get some polymeric sand in my Bk4 sheath and it scratched the hell out of my blade.

Interesting. My worksharp KO leaves lines down the sides of my stripped blades. I thought it was my sheath at first so I washed the sheath. Then I realized that it was the dust from my KO gathering on the guide and scratching the blade. Just an observation on my part. I did get some polymeric sand in my Bk4 sheath and it scratched the hell out of my blade.

I stopped using the guide. Try free handing it.
image_zpstjeq4qd0.jpg .

I'm telling ya slice. You made me search for a long time to find a 1246. I'm trying to resist the strip but you keep posting pics of your Camp.
Your killing me!!!!!

Well...it just so happens that I very recently downloaded a ton of pics off my photobucket account, for obvious reasons, and suddenly I have all these pics handy! I only had that account for this forum so it's pretty much 100% that all my posts are jacked. I'm reposting them every chance I get lol.
image_zpsvmapnw4c.jpg

Well...it just so happens that I very recently downloaded a ton of pics off my photobucket account, for obvious reasons, and suddenly I have all these pics handy! I only had that account for this forum so it's pretty much 100% that all my posts are jacked. I'm reposting them every chance I get lol.
View attachment 738687
Ahhh I see that you've recovered the original picture. That's the one and it is a classic.

Ahhh I see that you've recovered the original picture. That's the one and it is a classic.
I just had to go through and download them all. I have them on a thumb drive somewhere. Everything was on my old phone so really it was more convenient to sift through 800 pics and download what I wanna keep. Probably took longer but I dunno where the drive is and I don't use a PC. Now they're on the kindle and easier to upload.
image_zpssokrspds.jpg

Funny. I just posted about my new self-imposed restraint due to the wants vs. needs mental battle; too many knives accumulating that are not being used.

But I would really love for Ka-Bar to bring this one back, and I know I'm not alone. How about a poll? maybe if we cry loud enough, they will make it happen!

Funny. I just posted about my new self-imposed restraint due to the wants vs. needs mental battle; too many knives accumulating that are not being used.

But I would really love for Ka-Bar to bring this one back, and I know I'm not alone. How about a poll? maybe if we cry loud enough, they will make it happen!

I hear you zulu. I think that it would be quite popular. I'd like to see it with the tooj grip and or a lanyard hole. And a version with a leather handle.

Clearing summer growth from my air cooled chiller yard. 1246 back in action.

There is a discharge valve under this brush!!!!

20 minutes of work turned into 20 minutes of fun thanks to the 1246. Time for the roundup and the pump up sprayer.

Last edited:
leather, tooj, compacted meteorite dust...I don't care, as long as they make it :D

besides, Tooj is now with Ontario. I dont know if they can make a comeback with his handle on a 1246, as it would be a *new* knife, unlike the grass machete. How many Tooj handles remain in the KB lineup? Grass and kuk?

besides, Tooj is now with Ontario. I dont know if they can make a comeback with his handle on a 1246, as it would be a *new* knife, unlike the grass machete. How many Tooj handles remain in the KB lineup? Grass and kuk?
Warthog is still there. 1278 I think.

and cutlass; kuk, warthog and grass makes it 4 Tooj handles still in production.

100% Tooj handle on one of these. That would be a nice companion for its cousin the Cutlass.

Back