• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mozolic order problem

It seems like the newer generation doesn't know how to solve a problem quickly, and "in house". This is the way we did it before this age of social media. If we couldn't solve our issues quickly, we just got criticized and berated. There wasn't much sympathy for failure.

After talking with Robino I'll sell the knife and send him the money back.
Can you even show that you have completed the knife in question? You have, after all, stated you would provide a photo(s) to robino on the progress/completion. Surely, you have had the time by now to be able to go home and retrieve the image(s) off of your computer there right? Uploading and posting a picture should not be this difficult unless the knife was never made.

Can you even show that you have completed the knife in question? You have, after all, stated you would provide a photo(s) to robino on the progress/completion. Surely, you have had the time by now to be able to go home and retrieve the image(s) off of your computer there right? Uploading and posting a picture should not be this difficult unless the knife was never made.
If his work is actually a collaboration with other forgers, with him just doing the fit, finish, and marketing, then it would he much more difficult, for him to photograph the knife, at all the various stages of production.

It's just amazing that so many knifemakers are willing to let their reputation get dragged through the mud, over such a small amount of money.

When I used to travel through the Indian subcontinent, I observed the bands of free roaming monkeys. The mother monkey would send the baby in the house through the steel barred windows, to steal food. The locals put food inside of a gourd or coconut, with a small hole, to catch and remove the little thieves. The baby monkey would reach inside, and never let go, the hole was too small to release its clenched fist, and it was easily captured.
Sometimes rogue knifemakers are the same way with money, they never let go, even if it leads to their capture, or if it discloses some scandal about their operation. Once they get their hands on the money, they won't release it under any circumstances. While this is probably not the case here, one can only speculate about other situations where the customer is denied a quick and easy refund.

I have read through this whole thread and while I agree that the situation is no good for all parties involved, I do have to say one thing.

About 1.5 - 2 years ago, I commissioned Milan Mozolic for a custom, the product was exactly what I had asked for and shipping was within our agreed upon time frame with no breaks in communication throughout.

I hope this works out well for all parties involved.

Last edited:
I have read through this whole thread and while I agree that the situation is no good for all parties involved, I do have to say one thing.

About 1.5 - 2 years ago, I commissioned Milan Mozolic for a custom, the product was exactly what I had asked for and shipping was within our agreed upon time frame with no breaks in communication throughout.

I hope this works out well for all parties involved.

Even though i have decided to get a refund instead of the knife in question, i continue to be curious as to when there will be a pic posted of this knife.
Pure curiosity if the knife exists.
I was toldni would be refunded when the knife sells to someone else and figured by now i would've seen it pictured somewhere for sale

Even though i have decided to get a refund instead of the knife in question, i continue to be curious as to when there will be a pic posted of this knife.
I was toldni would be refunded when the knife sells to someone else and figured by now i would've seen it pictured somewhere for sale
Perhaps, out of pure spite, he will deny you the experience of ever viewing the knife in question.

Hate to see this happen to the buyer, and to the maker to an extent. Buyer was plainly taken advantage of and the maker has tarnished his rep. I always have agreed with the saying that the hardest knife for a maker to complete is one that is already paid for.
Seems like the maker has some financial or personal stuff going on. Unexplainable that pics could not be posted, as he seems to have been able to do that so many times for his last sales.
The whole "he maybe uses blanks and no shop" theory, is tenuous at best, if not just silly.
He does seem to make nice knives.......for some reason not this one. Totally odd looking at his feedback. Best of luck to the op getting his money back. M you need to get your act together before your rep here is completely trashed.

Good luck with that suggestion!! Not gonna happen!
If he was a stand up guy he would, but he obviously is NOT.

You should sent him his money first, then worry about selling the knife. That part is on you, not him.

He has listed a knife for sale today...I asked if it was the same knife as discussed on another thread...it is a nice looking knife for a very fair price...

Cheers/bg

Money sent back today.

To a few things that have been spoken here.
All knives are just my work. Including damascus and sheaths. It has never been otherwise.
This knife has been completed. If anyone wants to see it, it will be on my site in the near future. I will not upload it other than my site. I always do this and I do not plan to change it. For some my reasons, I do not use public storage.

Back