Multi tool trivia questions ?

Hi Dunc5 ,

I am fine , I have not heard from you in some time . In any case you asked for it , lets test peoples knowledge of comparitively modern multi tools - multi tools , tools that have been developed since Leatherman came out .

There is a multi tool that was designed that when the pliers head was partially unfolded was a working angle pliers . Similar in use to a bent nose pliers , it was the only multi tool to my knowledge capable of this use or configuration .It could be used with the pliers fully extended or as I said partially unfolded with the pliers head angled from the pliers handles .

Name the manufacturer and the model of this tool ?

If you desire I will attempt to describe the design a little better if I did not make it clear enough .

lonediver said:
Hi Dunc5 ,

I am fine , I have not heard from you in some time . In any case you asked for it , lets test peoples knowledge of comparitively modern multi tools - multi tools , tools that have been developed since Leatherman came out .

There is a multi tool that was designed that when the pliers head was partially unfolded was a working angle pliers . Similar in use to a bent nose pliers , it was the only multi tool to my knowledge capable of this use or configuration .It could be used with the pliers fully extended or as I said partially unfolded with the pliers head angled from the pliers handles .

Name the manufacturer and the model of this tool ?

If you desire I will attempt to describe the design a little better if I did not make it clear enough .

The manufacturer is sog... but the model...

Who was the first to design a multi tool that gave the user access to the blades without unfolding the pliers ?
This also meant that when the pliers were unfolded it left the the outside of the handles smooth so that gripping the pliers did not " bite " the users hand .

lonediver said:
Who was the first to design a multi tool that gave the user access to the blades without unfolding the pliers ?
This also meant that when the pliers were unfolded it left the the outside of the handles smooth so that gripping the pliers did not " bite " the users hand .

This quiz is great :)

Schrade tool would be my guess...

Nowhere said:
This quiz is great :)

Schrade tool would be my guess...

Nope , not this time . The answer is a little more obscure , it is not a name that is mentioned a great deal .

JOOLIESEWS said:
Greetings! Might you be referring to the Bearjaws MGC?

Now here is someone that has been collecting multi tools a loooong time . Bearjaws made by Bear cutlery later aquired by Swiss army brands
( ie : Victorinox ) , But Bearjaws is the correct answer . Congratulations .

Okay multi tool fanatics next question . Other than some very obscure foriegn makes ( you are welcome to name any of those that you may know of ) There are two comparitively well known name brands who built combination pliers ( sometimes refered to as slip jaw ) into thier multi tools . Name those manufacturers .

BradN said:
Spyderco and Wenger?

Ah, I forgot about Wenger . A bonus high five to this man . There is one more for a total of three commonly known name brands . Anyone know of a third ?

BradN said:
Gosh...I got an extra...Wahoo!

Yes , you caught me in a slip , are you going to try for the other one ? Actually I was trying to rember if Victorinox also had a combination plier . Alchemiers must be setting in , but victorinox if they do make one would be a fourth . Not the answer that I am looking for . There is another one .

I've been thinking of the third but just can't come up with it...give me a few minutes.

Schrade is the answer to this one. (This particular tool was also marketed by Sears with a "Craftsman" logo)

JOOLIESEWS said:
Schrade is the answer to this one. (This particular tool was also marketed by Sears with a "Craftsman" logo)

Extra brownie points for this fellow , he is correct on both points .

After having gotten caught by BradN on the last one I shall have to watch myself in the future . From now on I will clarify myself in " I believe " .

Okay next question , " I believe " that there are only three name brand multi tool makers who have multi tools in thier lines that have among thier listed implements to have dynamite cap crimpers . To get credit for the right answers you not only have to name the manufacturer but all models in thier line that has had this feature . So there are 3 seperate answers to this one .

Back