Multi tool trivia questions ?

The Gerber 800 Legend has studs on both scissors and knife blade.I'm still looking for the other one.I wasn't sure if the urban companion would fly,I just took a shot.

JOOLIESEWS said:
Okay, new question:
Many folding knives utilize a thumb stud for one handed opening. But how many multitools can you name that have a thumb stud on the knife blade?

Hint: I can think of a few from major makers, and a couple of obscure ones. Let's not bother with the cheap Chinese stuff.

~Bob

Okay now you are looking for obscure ones , eh ?

Lets try this one for size :

The Burton Kron snowboard tool . ( The photo does not show it but take my word for it , the knife blade has a thumb stud )

http://www.snowshack.com/burton-snowboard-tool.html

Now the Wichard multi tool does not have a thumb stud on the primary knife blade but it does on the smaller blade .

http://www.wichard-usa.com/Catalog/knives.htm

Another that is the same way is the original Le Depanneur ;

http://www.nat.fr/coutellerie/depanner.htm

Oh , and lets not forget the Fiskar Excalibur tool . ( I could not find a current pic of it )

Were these on your list ? ;)

Nice job gentlemen!
Yes tarmacky, the Gerber 800 Legend was the double-studded tool I was looking for:

http://www.gerberblades.com/products/view.php?model=8239

and yes, lonediver, I do have the obscure Wichard Multitool, the even more obscure Le Depanneur tool, and the downright bizarre Fiskar Excalibur Tool all on my answer list.

However, I must admit you got me with the Burton Kron Snowboard Tool. I've never even heard of that one before! Give yourself some extra bonus points.

However.......
....there is still one tool on my list that you gentlemen haven't mentioned.

(Hint: it was referred to earlier in this thread)

JOOLIESEWS said:
However, I must admit you got me with the Burton Kron Snowboard Tool. I've never even heard of that one before! Give yourself some extra bonus points.

\'" ( patting myself on the back )

JOOLIESEWS said:
However.......
....there is still one tool on my list that you gentlemen haven't mentioned.

(Hint: it was referred to earlier in this thread)

Hummmmm :confused: This bears looking into

And the final answer is...........(dramatic pause)..........the Al Mar Quickclip!

This photo doesn't show the thumb stud, but it is there, on the back side. (My apologies, several pages earlier in this thread I mistakenly referred to this tool as the 4x4)

AlMarQuickclip.bmp

Unfortunately this beautiful multitool (nor it's stablemate the 4x4) is no longer being produced by Al Mar. Bummer. :(

So, anyone else ready to post a trivia question? How about you, lonediver?

JOOLIESEWS said:
And the final answer is...........(dramatic pause)..........the Al Mar Quickclip! ?

D.......... You got me and I own these tools . This worm will turn on you sir .

JOOLIESEWS said:
So, anyone else ready to post a trivia question? How about you, lonediver?

I will try another tomorrow unless someone else wants to take a turn at it before then .

All right , I have come up with a question that even Bob will find challenging although he will be given a 24 hour handicap to answer . So you others have a good head start on him . I will have to do some homework myself on this one but I am sure that I will have a few that even Bob will not come up with . :D

Other than SAKs and cheaper chinese knockoffs , list post Leatherman multi tools that include scissors . ( Have fun Bob , ha ha :p )

List ALL the multi tools with scissors?? Wow, there are a ton of them. Here are just the Leatherman and Gerber ones I can think of:
Leatherman
PST II
Wave
Pulse
Flair
Juice S2
Juice Cs4
Juice Sc2
Juice Xe6
Juice Pro
Blast
Fuse
Charge Ti

Gerber
The original original Gerber Multi-Plier (not many people know about this one)
600 Pro-Scout (and a few other 600 variations)
600 Fisherman
400 Compact Sport
400 Compact Fisherman
Recoil
650 Evolution
Multi-Lite
Nautilus
700 Urban Legend
800 Legend

Here are a few more multitools with scissors I thought of:

all of the SOG PowerLock variations have an option for scissors.
SwissTool X, SwissTool CS, SwissTool RS, and the new SwissTool Spirit.
Beretta Pistol Tool
Buck MiniBuck 350
Aitor Fisherman
Ricardo Vintura corkscrew tool
Smith & Wesson 44 Mag Tool and Tool Chest II
and I suppose I should mention the new Leatherman Surge and Gerber Diesel, even though these tools aren't available yet.

Note: I’ve been assuming you mean multitools with an included or fold-out scissor blade, as opposed to scissor-based multitools, like the Leatherman Micra?

...more multitools with scissors that come to mind:

Schrade Navitool
Schrade I-Quip
Kutmaster MiniMaster

Also, though I’m not familiar with them, I understand several of the ToolLogic tools and Victorinox Swiss Card tools have scissors included, as well as the Swiss Business Tool. And aren't there several other office/business tools out there similar to the Swiss one?

Back