My Bowie-style custom THK Fugitive (pic heavy)

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
I received my custom Fugitive from James today!!! :cool: :thumbup:

A few of the quick details:

6.5" long blade (6.75" from edge of handle scales), 11.5" OAL
1.75" wide edge-to-spine
Full-flat grind, hand satin finished
0.22" thick Elmax at 60 Rockwell "C" :D (HT'd by Peters)
OD Green G10 handle scales with Hunter Green G10 liners
7/8" thick handle with tapered tang and extra-wide lanyard hole
"Circle of Light" pattern 1/4" mosaic pin Corby bolt caps
Lightly crowned thumb ramp and clip
Crisply squared, straight spine
Custom leather sheath with pocket
Matching firesteel
343.1g (12.1oz), 596.2g (21oz) with sheath and accessories

James delivered exactly what I had in my head for this knife, and I couldn't be happier!!! :D Thank you SO much James! :thumbup:

I have to mention, this knife came with the sharpest edge I've ever received from any maker. However, I need to admit to having sharpened and stropped it already. :eek: Now it is truly a LASER!!! :eek: It easily push cuts phonebook paper... :D (I like my edges to be screaming sharp...) This knife is going to be one hell of a slicer, at about 30 degrees inclusive and only 0.025" (measured) behind the edge. :cool: :thumbup:

Anyway, enough chit-chat. :p I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking. ;)

The light kinda sucks outside today, so I promise that I will get some better shots later. I'll shine up those mosaic pins with a little Flitz in the mean time. ;)

Last edited:
I'm glad you're pleased! The Fugitive is one of my "signature" designs, and the little extra touches you requested made this one even more fun to make :)

I don't know how Flitz metal polish works its magic, but it sure does seem like magic!!! :eek: I only spent a few minutes (tops) hand-polishing on each mosaic pin, and they now shine like mirrors! :cool: It's impossible to capture with indoor lighting. I tried...

WOW. That's a gorgeous blade. Bet the tapered tang makes it FAST in hand.

Thank you! :thumbup: James knocked it out of the park on this one!!! :D

It is very fast in-hand, as the balance point is right at the front end of the handle. Just perfect! I just realized, I still havent weighed it yet. Guess I should do that.

ETA: Done. 12oz. Nice! :thumbup:

Thank you!

With a blade only 6.75" long and ground that thin/acute, I pretty much have to knock a couple holes in the tang and taper it fully, or it would feel like a dang brick in your hand. Plus, tapered tangs just look cool :)

SpyderPhreak picked out the olive-drab scales and forest/hunter green liners... I've decided they look so nice together, that color-combo will become one of my go-to's from now on. :thumbup:

Similarly, I normally use 5/16" OD / 1/4" ID thong tubes... but SP requested 3/8" OD / 5/16" ID tube so he could have the option of using a thicker or doubled lanyard like he showed above. I think that worked out just fine, and it doesn't add any cost or difficulty. So you'll be seeing more of those on THK's as well. :)

Great looking blade, JT, that's some excellent work,I love the tapered tang I have a custom from a well known local market and I feel in love with tapered tangs as a result. JT executed it perfectly from what I see. :thumbup:

Enjoy the blade is sweet for sure. :)

Wow! Nice work JT and congrats Spyderphreak!
Thanks for sharing. She sure is a beaut!

Such an awesome knife! I saw it on the GL, but had to stop by and see the new pictures. Great job Mr. Terrio! :thumbup:

I know i am posting way late, but haven't been around in a while and just saw the pics. That is a really fantastic looking knife. I think i have to start a Christmas list now.

Back