• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My Experience with Gavko Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
My end game is to get this thread as much publicity ad I possibly can. Good or bad it just keeps reaching higher and higher on that Google search bar. The more comments it gets the more people will see it. While some might disagree with me, some will agree. Driving more and more customers away from Gavko Knives. Any publicity is good publicity. All you did was help me get closer to my goal.
I'm largely quoting this for posterity. Your ultimate goal here is defamation of a maker whose products you like, but whose warranty terms you disagree with.

Edit to add that the warranty, as I said before, is similar to many large companies of there. Cold Steel, Benchmade, Spyderco... Etc.

Last edited:
I think the consensus of this thread will be very much opposed to your 'goal'.

Doesn't matter. I will have mad a bigger impact on his knife sales then if I would have just kept quite. In the first day it's already drove away 5 potential customers. 5x675? That's over 3 grand potentiallylost in a day. Not looking good.

Will I drive him out of business? I hope not, he's a big boy though. He made his bed, he can sleep ikr n it. Same goes for me. I made my bed, I'll go ahead and watch YouTube in it. I screwed up by putting my faith in a company that is not willing to help it's customers.

Thats fine with me. Doesn't hurt my pocket book. I'll save money and send it to someone who wants to do it. At the end of the day it's really only hurting Gavko. All these comments are only hurting him more. Publicity my friend.

Could you explain how posting your own photo's would be unfair to the seller? I am a bit confused on this point.

Exactly.

Even if we can decipher who the seller was by the OP taking his own photos, who cares? It sounds like they did the right thing by disclosing the issues it had. I for one like to know of those that do the right thing and those that do not.

Doesn't matter. I will have mad a bigger impact on his knife sales then if I would have just kept quite. In the first day it's already drove away 5 potential customers. 5x675? That's over 3 grand potentiallylost in a day. Not looking good.

Will I drive him out of business? I hope not, he's a big boy though. He made his bed, he can sleep ikr n it. Same goes for me. I made my bed, I'll go ahead and watch YouTube in it. I screwed up by putting my faith in a company that is not willing to help it's customers.

Thats fine with me. Doesn't hurt my pocket book. I'll save money and send it to someone who wants to do it. At the end of the day it's really only hurting Gavko. All these comments are only hurting him more. Publicity my friend.
The type of person that reads a thread like this and comes to the decision you did likely are a little too self entitled. Once more, you like his products, but you dislike his warranty, which is standard across the industry.

I'm largely quoting this for posterity. Your ultimate goal here is defamation of a maker whose products you like, but whose warranty terms you disagree with.
Tbh, I don't believe anything that the OP has posted. It doesn't make any sense. I am willing to be persuaded otherwise but I think that what happened was:

1. OP bought a user knife on the cheap thinking he'd get Gavko to pay to make it into a LNIB knife.
2. That didn't work.
3. Posted here thinking he'd shame Gavko into doing the work for him -- the "Bladeforums effect" we've seen many times before.
4. That didn't work.
5. Came up with some excuse for behavior -- "bad publicity."

People will find this thread. Then they will decide the OP never posted enough info to substantiate their claims. Then the readers will come to their own conclusions. Many of those conclusions will likely HELP not hurt Gavko's business.

Perhaps you refuse to add photo's because it hurts your case? :)

In any event, if I had to vote (given your intentions) I would vote this get moved to GBU soon.

Tbh, I don't believe anything that the OP has posted. It doesn't make any sense. I am willing to be persuaded otherwise but I think that what happened was:

1. OP bought a user knife on the cheap thinking he'd get Gavko to pay to make it into a LNIB knife.
2. That didn't work.
3. Posted here thinking he'd shame Gavko into doing the work for him -- the "Bladeforums effect" we've seen many times before.
4. That didn't work.
5. Came up with some excuse for behavior -- "bad publicity."
I think you may be right, but he is enacting a disgusting way to behave regardless.

Reactions: BBW
Photos are not being taken or posted. What's the point? It might look good enough to you but in my eyes it's not. Any other photo comments will be ignored.

If you are correct about hurting his business, does that make you happy? :confused: You did not buy it from him and you did not ask him (prior to purchase of a known defective knife) if he would fix it. :( The damage is done to both of you, Hoooray :(! Could he have done SOMETHING? I think maybe, but??? PLEASE stop. Nothing good will come of this. You have let everyone know what happened and sides have been formed. Mods, I don't believe I ever asked this, but please shut this down; what is there to be gained by continuing? :rolleyes:

Photos are not being taken or posted. What's the point? It might look good enough to you but in my eyes it's not. Any other photo comments will be ignored.
By that logic, it's obvious that even you think that whatever damage was done previously can be interpreted by a reasonable person as "good enough."

Just going by your own testimony it's impossible to believe that you are asking for something that we would consider worthy of a warranty repair.

W cole, I think you are being unfair to the maker. You are not his customer you bought this knife from someone else. It wasn't a defect in his workmanship, it was caused by someone who did not know how to sharpen a knife. Gavko is running a small knife making business to support his family and you are trying to hurt his business because things did not pan out the way you wanted them to. Please put yourself on the other end of this and try to look at it from his perspective.

The point is we are now in.... GBU forum and folks here love seeing the full story which includes the knife in question.

However, the bold section might answer my question: Perhaps the knife is not damaged at all, never needed a blade replacement, but just a touched up edge and the OP overreacted and asked for the wrong service from Gavko?

Again, we cannot know unless pictures are provided. inb4 lock.

Reactions: BBW
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back