My first Kizer

Hey guys, no pic yet, will post one later. My wife and I went to a sporting goods store and they only had one in stock. It is a Kizer Gemini liner lock with VG10 steel. The blade is centered with no play, my only complaint is blade sharpness it isn't dull but could use a touch up. I paid 75 dollars for it, and so far I am pleased with it. What are your thoughts on it, whether it be good or bad? Would it hold up to medium or hard use?

Congrats! Nice pick up. I have two Gemini frame locks and niether came extraordinarily sharp (compared to other knives I own). But sharp enough to do any normal everyday type of tasks. If you end up liking your Gemini I would suggest looking at the framelock version with s35vn steel, it's an excellent knife!

All of the Laconico Kizer's are great knives! I have quite a few and that Gemini will likely serve you well.

All of the Laconico Kizer's are great knives! I have quite a few and that Gemini will likely serve you well.

What angle do Kizer knives need to be sharpened? Mine needs to be sharpened, I don't know if I need to use the 30 or 40 degree angles on my Sharpmaker.

What angle do Kizer knives need to be sharpened? Mine needs to be sharpened, I don't know if I need to use the 30 or 40 degree angles on my Sharpmaker.

the 40 side but the micro bevel is gonna be wider the 40 total most likely. was on my nomad. so adjust your grip angle to hit the microbevel. if you cant find it use the sharpie trick so you see what angle hits the very edge properly.

Vd7DeX

Here is a picture of my new Kizer Gemini. Hopefully the link will work.

All of my Kizers have had a bevel that was too obtuse to be sharpened on the SM and I decided to rebevel.

You can still use the SM with the factory bevel... Set it to 40 and turn the knife slightly to make contact with the edge. As long as you are consistent with your angle you'll be fine.

Back