My GSO Family in Ironwood...

Hey All,
I bought a GSO 6 over two years ago to use and to alter with a wood of my choice. I chose High figure desert Ironwood burl. I joined Bladeforums to learn stuff. Thank you Bladeforums and so many different members for your kindness and experience. The 6 is mine and was the first one and shows the most age colorwise. I left a fair amount of material so I could come back later to smooth out the prided fasteners once I learned how. The 4.7 (finished last month) is kinda extra and I don't use it at the moment and am planning a matching fire steel handle, as I ordered that piece of wood long. Also planning a couple pouch sheaths for the 4.7 and the 4.1 that I did for my Lady (finished last week).
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and share a little of my gleanings from this great site. So here are a few pics.

And a link to imgur for scrolling http://imgur.com/a/6KHnM with additonal pics.

pXE5bDjm.jpg
A7fTqbTm.jpg
eBDBvIUm.jpg
oDpxc88m.jpg
S1KlB2Fm.jpg
lEj1jcem.jpg
BIfbJAQm.jpg
fffXoMVm.jpg

V5rGZR9m.jpg
cBdAEYhm.jpg
:D

Last edited:
Those are drop dead gorgeous! I love the figuring on the 4.1, but that 4.7 is my favorite of the batch. Beautifully subtle colors and shapes, I'll bet it just pops in person! Incredible work and great collection, thank you very much for sharing!

Last edited:
That's a nice lineup, Peter. I know a little bit about making GSO handles, and I wondering how you did a couple things there.

Respect, friend. This is legit!

If all wood looked as good as yours I might just be converted from the ugly synthetics! :thumbsup:
Those handles really pop!

I am always amazed at the work shared here. The craftsmanship speaks for itself, just beautiful. Also, I love the mosaic pin for the dog's paw, some of my best friends are the four-legged kind. :thumbsup: Thank you very much for sharing this.

Those are drop dead gorgeous! I love the figuring on the 4.1, but that 4.7 is my favorite of the batch. Beautifully subtle colors and shapes, I'll bet it just pops in person! Incredible work and great collection, thank you very much for sharing!
You are so right they do pop. There is a depth to the wood that is a little mesmerizzing.. Thank you.

That's a nice lineup, Peter. I know a little bit about making GSO handles, and I wondering how you did a couple things there.

Respect, friend. This is legit!
Thanks Tony. I sent you my email.

I see you posted one on the exchange. Really incredible work. I hope you get asking price for it. Would consider buying it from you myself if I didn't already have a 4.7 in CFV.

Good work! I'm also thinking of changing my GSO handle.
Did you just finish your GSO4.1 handle last week? Why The handle colors of 6 and 4.1 look very different? Is the handle of GSO6 because of oxidation for a long time?
sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Back