My Natrix Experience is Good. I Say Buy it.

vwb563

Gold Member
I just received my basicly nib Natrix from member "bigolegator" and I will say this, if the one I received is a good representation of the model, then the majority of Natrix buyers are going to be well pleased. This one is spot on as far as blade centering and overall fit and finish. The action is a bit stiff but still opens well and locks up solid. The blade looks perfectly straight and the grinds appear to be even on both sides. The edge is well finished , evenly cut, and will shave arm hair. For the price it appears to be great quality knife. It's going straight into my daily rotation and is a very pretty and stylish knife which I will use and display proudly. I will give a follow up later as far as how it's holding up to daily use and it's edgeholding ability.​

Any comments after using it a few days? I'd love to grab one of these just to support KAI...as long as it's not a total POS, lol.

Any comments after using it a few days? I'd love to grab one of these just to support KAI...as long as it's not a total POS, lol.
I have used it some. Not a lot but I've used it in the kitchen to cut the ends off two ears of corn that I microwaved. I used it outside this morning to trim a couple small limbs off of a tree just to test the handle comfort, cutting ability, and lock engagement depth under hard cutting pressure. The lock lands around the 30% mark under a hard flip and moved on over to around 50% under hard cutting pressure. It was not hard at all to disengage when I thumbed the lock open to close the knife. I used it earlier to cut open two envelopes. So far I love it. The handle is just a pinch short for my hands but it's tolerable and handles well. It slices well too just like my 0770cf. The feel of the knife actually reminds me of the 0770cf just a bit smaller. As far as edge holding it's still shaving arm hair just fine and I can't tell any loss of sharpness but like it said I really haven't cut a lot with it yet. So far though all is well with it and it's definitely not a pos.

I have the completely opposite experience with mine. Poor manufacturing and poor design / construction for $40 in comparison to other knives including other Kershaws. Just felt it was extremely cheap and over priced.

I have the completely opposite experience with mine. Poor manufacturing and poor design / construction for $40 in comparison to other knives including other Kershaws. Just felt it was extremely cheap and over priced.
Did you let kershaw or the dealer address the problem? Lemons slip through with every production company, increasingly so on budget blades.

I've carried and used mine for two weeks, regular light duty use and no problems so far. I'm gonna use it and see how long it lasts with normal use.

My specimen is excellent. Quiet frankly, the best Chinese Kershaw model I've ever had. Simply amazing design, materials and build quality for the money. I could not be more pleased.

Eagerly awaiting my second one after my first was a lemon. Severely warped blade, bent as far off as the thickness of one scale, it would barely close and when opened would nearly tear the stop pin out. I really hope they get these QC issues handled because its a great design.

I was able to get a Natrix for myself. The quality is great. The G10 is very nice, and the knife compares very well to the 777.

Well centered and no flaws that I could find. I have already used it, so there is some residue on the blade in these pictures.

DSC_8326.JPG

DSC_8327.JPG

DSC_8328.JPG

DSC_8330.JPG

All in all, it's just what I expect from Kershaw - great quality at a great price.

best

mqqn

Have received 2 examples now that both have severely warped blades, good design but major QC issues clearly.

Reactions: Mo2
Ok I've used my Natrix for a couple weeks now and still I've only did minor tasks with it but I can give a bit more detailed review of it. As I said before I've used it in the kitchen to do minor slicing work such as cutting the ends off ears of corn that I fixed in the microwave, I've sliced up pieces of left over meats for my dog, peeled and sliced up a couple apples, and trimmed up a couple steaks for the grill. The knife handles well and is very controlable in the hand. As I said before it really reminds me of my 0770cf in a smaller form. All this cutting had absolutely no affect on its degree of sharpness so I cut up a small cardboard box. The edge was hair shaving when I started and would still shave after but I could tell a minor drop in sharpness. This steel reminds me of VG10 in the edgeholding department. Cutting the cardboard also gave me a chance to review the handle ergonomics since it required more forceful cutting pressure. It was very comfortable with virtually no "hot spots" and controlling the cuts was effortless. I can only speak from my experience but overall I'm very happy with this knife for the price. For its cost it performs well and should hold up well but if there ever is a problem I'm sure KAI will take care of it since they have a lifetime warranty. Here is a pic of the pile of cardboard I cut.

Here's a review for you

Looks pretty good for a $37 light weight overseas produced edc knife.

So is it your intent to repost all the negative reviews you already posted in your negative thread here as well? Seems unnecessary as your thread is right next to this one. Did you ever have your bad example addressed? So far I have only seen two members here have an issue while the rest seem satisfied.

Thanks for the update Op!

Well first off the video contradicts this review a bit in handling the knaf. Two different options. I side with bad, cause it is in comparison to other similarly priced knives.

Well first off the video contradicts this review a bit in handling the knaf. Two different options. I side with bad, cause it is in comparison to other similarly priced knives.
Handle ergos are subjective. Not necessarily a negative. Certainly far from an error in quality. Op had no issues. You are just posting other people's opinion.

Did you send your knife in?

Very cool knife, best for lite use.

What is EDC anyways? Mostly in my everyday, I cut tape.

There is a dude on this site who, in his EDC, cuts cars in half.

Our EDC can be a bit different.

This knife is what I call small. Perfect QC on mine. Good action. Looks cool, people react and it's not overly frightening.

I did find one hotspot on the edges of the G10 right by the flipper when it's open. Other than that I love the ergos.

I might have sanded the edges, but my buddy already claimed it.....

Also, cool back story on it.

Back