my tachyon

i just received my tachyon, however when i ordered it i made a slight mistake, i ordered a tachyonbs, which i thought stood for black handles and serrated blade, the knife came with a black blade instead, it looks very cool i just want to know if the color will hold up on the blade, if so i am very pleased with it...

0763, made 02/02, im telling you this knife looks awesome, i just hope the coating is good...

If you ended up getting the black for the same price as the stone wash, you got a good deal. Usually they go for $10 more.

The coating is harder than the blade steel. A stone wash blade will scratch before the boron coating will. You got a great knife, it is well worth the price, IMHO. Smooth isn't it.

thanks Hawaiian, ever been to Oceanview on the big island? i lived there from 1990 to 94

Been using my Black Tachyon and the special Boron coated Tachyon for the last month strictly on the tough cutting jobs (including some Cat-5e cable that I regularly use as part of my job) and no scratches or damages of any kind to that coating... Tough stuff. Cleans up well with WD-40 as well. Good accidental buy IMHO.

Originally posted by tonyccw
Been using my Black Tachyon and the special Boron coated Tachyon for the last month strictly on the tough cutting jobs (including some Cat-5e cable that I regularly use as part of my job) and no scratches or damages of any kind to that coating... Tough stuff. Cleans up well with WD-40 as well. Good accidental buy IMHO.

Let me know how it holds up when you start using it to land that copper into the IDC's on a 110 block.....;):rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dawkind
Let me know how it holds up when you start using it to land that copper into the IDC's on a 110 block.....;):rolleyes:
Sorry Dudley, I reserve broken tip folder for that function. Don't wanna purposely break anything...;)

(I know I'm suppose to use wirecutters, but I'm just too old and lazy.)

Besides, the Tachyon would probably just slice right through that 110 insert. If you were talking Krone, I'll be real interested.... :D

Originally posted by tonyccw
If you were talking Krone, I'll be real interested.... :D

I did 'retain' my Krone punch-down from my old days on the MDF when I worked for the state.......to damn expensive to let go!!!

Glad you like the knife. As stated above the coating is harder than the blade itself so it should out last the knife, if that is possible :)

Been to Oceanview but like the Kona area better I think. Rains to damn much on the Hilo side :)

Back