My WA Surls Mantis shines in the kitchen

Bmurray

Gold Member
I was fortunate enough to go to the KC show last year and picked up one of the nicest knives on display. It has become a regular in the kitchen for me. If you don't have one you're missing out on a great tool. Every once in a while one will pop up but gone very quickly. I have to say I love this one. It is a 2-tone ironwood bolstered that's truly stunning. I'll update this thread as I use it. If you have a Mantis, post up some pics.

Last edited:
Nice score on the beautiful knife Bob! I really like the look of wood bolsters with black micarta. We need to see more of that combo.

The Mantis is a great size for a paring/steak knife. I picked up the bigger Moray from Allen at Blade last year. I have been very pleased with it. I'll take another look at the Mantis if he has any on the table this year.

Phil

Last edited:
^Looks good there Phillip. You got all my favorite taco ingredients in the mix. Your Mantis has the same handle set-up as my Moray. I like it. :thumbsup:

Phil

thanks Phil:thumbsup:
i normally use my Skiva but since Bob started his thread last night,,I revisited my Mantis and it's quite handy in the kitchen.

Back