My wife surprised me with a new Benchmade

Hey guys, my wife bought me a new Small Summit Lake this past Friday. When I started looking it over I noticed the blade was off centered and also had back and forth play. I was so disappointed, and I hated telling my wife that it needed to be sent in for repair. I contacted Benchmade and told them about the issues, they said functionality is covered under warranty. Benchmade e mailed me a shipping label at my request, so they are taking care of the outgoing and return shipping. My knife is now packaged and ready to go.
I bought a Boost model the same day. I completely looked it over and tested the blade for play and everything checked out. My wife caught me not paying attention and bought me the Small Summit Lake as a surprise, hopefully it will come back repaired and ready to be used.

Last edited:
Don't let the quality issue overshaow the happiness that that your wife bought a knife for you brings to you. I suggest to change the title of the thread to sth like "wife surprised me with a brand new BM":)

Don't let the quality issue overshaow the happiness that that your wife bought a knife for you brings to you. I suggest to change the title of the thread to sth like "wife surprised me with a brand new BM":)

Yeah, my title sort of kills the mood doesn't it. Your reply is a real eye opener, thanks for posting. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Benchmade is obliged to repair your knife. And yes, there's no fault with anyone but them letting a knife with flaws enter the marketplace. That's lousy customer service. Call them at 800-800-7427 to ask an RMA for either a full service repair or direct replacement.

Typical wife move. Spending up all the money when you're not paying attention. :D

Benchmade is obliged to repair your knife. And yes, there's no fault with anyone but them letting a knife with flaws enter the marketplace. That's lousy customer service. Call them at 800-800-7427 to ask an RMA for either a full service repair or direct replacement.

It was mailed out yesterday afternoon. Hopefully, it won't be the typical 4-6 week wait this time :(

Back