N A S K finalized

I would appreciate it if the folks being short with one another could take a deep breath. This is supposed to be a fun subforum, let's keep things light?

Last edited:
Lorien, I am curious about the differenc)e between what I call the Rainbow Chopper (the NASK proto predecessor that almost hit the creek, the one with the heat treat coloring in the fuller) and the finalized NASK. I am not so much interested in all the types of tweaks that have been mentioned, but whether there is anything that's a major difference in blade or handle, kind of a generalized description of how it feels and handles, short version pls.

I am really looking forward to it's release.

Thanks,

Bob

the handle on your proto and mine are different, and the one that I have is the closest to what's going to production. Can't really compare the two very well since I've only seen photos of yours. The changes are so slight it's hard for me to add anything to what Nathan described earlier

I would appreciate it if the folks being short with one another could take a deep breath. This is supposed to be a fun subforum, let's keep things light?

Deal, till you put up the Behemoth HCs up for sale and then, every man is for himself. I am actually planning on on ignoring your above wish at that point and become very heavy handed :p

Hey, in 20+ years on enthusiasts' forums I've never "ignored" someone before, but I gotta admit-- this ignore function is pretty badass...:cool:

Not only did it removed all sm23's past posts from forever, it even removed the quoted portions of his posts from everyone else's posts I'm seeing.:thumbsup:

Now if it could only predict and ignore all his future fake profiles :rolleyes:

<or can it do that already?>....

Sure it might change a bit, but after seeing the NASK prototype at Blade, I think CPK popularity is going to explode, and next year the majority of the line at Blade will be there to pick up something from the Carothers group. Stoked to pick up a Light Chopper, and meet a truly awesome and knowledgeable group of people. Just the way the crew explains what's going through their minds, makes you feel surrounded by knife engineers!

Hey there Gino
Glad to hear that you not only made it but you have also scored an LC: any luck with the FK? Otherwise onto Blade 2018 and he he FK 2.0 :)

^^^ Never heard of fainting goats? This is rampant among some goats and here is the Wikipedia snippet:

"A myotonic goat, otherwise known as the fainting goat, is a domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 3 seconds when the goat feels panic. Though painless, this generally results in the animal collapsing on its side. The characteristic is caused by a hereditary genetic disorder called myotonia congenita. When startled, younger goats will stiffen and fall over. Older goats learn to spread their legs or lean against something when startled, and often they continue to run about in an awkward, stiff-legged shuffle."

Hopefully the tree climbing goats are NOT the same. That would seem as anti-darwinian as ever. Both types seem rather self limiting, but heaven forbid we ever had fainting falling goats. Just imagine!

my favourite name for this new knife is M.A.K.

Multi Adventure Knife, The MAK, MAK the knife the MAC truck of knives, the pimp daddy MAK of knives, etc...

there, I finally said it, I just couldn't wait any longer. I don't think that name will stick, but it's the one I like :)

^^^ Never heard of fainting goats? This is rampant among some goats and here is the Wikipedia snippet:

"A myotonic goat, otherwise known as the fainting goat, is a domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 3 seconds when the goat feels panic. Though painless, this generally results in the animal collapsing on its side. The characteristic is caused by a hereditary genetic disorder called myotonia congenita. When startled, younger goats will stiffen and fall over. Older goats learn to spread their legs or lean against something when startled, and often they continue to run about in an awkward, stiff-legged shuffle."

Good to know, thank you!

Multi Adventure Knife, The MAK, MAK the knife the MAC truck of knives, the pimp daddy MAK of knives, etc...

there, I finally said it, I just couldn't wait any longer. I don't think that name will stick, but it's the one I like :)

MAC Knife: Multi Action (or adventure) Carothers Knife

Last edited:

It's a cool sounding name, but the name needs to say what the knife actually is? Something like "6 inch Heavy Duty Field Knife" doesn't sound as cool, but it is descriptive. You would know it when you saw it.

I know, I know...

this knife is the MAK, doesn't that say it all? :)

Heavy Duty Field Knife says it all! You may always want to keep the size remain as a surprise. Like you said, "you'd know it when you saw it" :)

Back