Natrix vs matrix the 0777 quagmire

Honestly, I don't like either guy, Thomas W or Marfione. I think they deserve each other, and after reading all accounts of what happened, it seems pretty clear that both sides were acting antagonistically towards the other.

Those two and this dumb Matrix/777 design war are a wash, to me. The knife is ugly and has nothing I want, anyway. Both guys are prone to having a garbage attitude.

I'll still buy a ZT or MT if the design and quality are there, regardless.

Knife News just published an article on the lawsuit.

http://knifenews.com/microtech-and-anthony-marfione-suing-blogger/

Marfione better hope the judge is blind if this case goes to trial. Because anyone with eyesight can see the Matrix has an uncanny resemblance to the ZT0777.

Not just that but all of the 'damage' Marfione is claiming was done to him was done WAY WAY WAY before the Natrix article ever got posted.

Marfione flat admitted to copying the 0777 in his 'press release'.

Reactions: Mo2
I hereby vow to never purchase a Microtech knife. May I be reincarnated as a newt in the unlikely event that I ever break this vow.

What a tool. Even if he somehow wins this lawsuit (stranger things have happened) he loses.

I wish i could sell my microtechs again. I bought my scarab and troodon despite not liking some of microtechs practices including design theft as well as warranty issues. However once i bought my G&G Hawk Deadlock OTF which is a much better knife that is made by someone who actually comes up with unique designs. G&G Hawk also actually teaches its customers to disassemble and clean/maintain their knives. With a microtech you cant even sharpen your knife without voiding the warranty (this was taken directly from microtechs faq section of their website "Knives with blades that have been sharpened outside of a Microtech® factory repair department will not be covered under warranty " )
I really like the microtech sigil but i refuse to support microtech ever again. if another company made the sigil it would be in my pocket right now

(in all fairness i should note that the G&G Hawk Deadlock is a more expensive knife then the scarab, about twice as much. so comparing the quality of the scarab to the deadlock isnt really a fair comparison. also the deadlock is a custom while the scarab is a production model)

now with microtech suing a blogger that wrote an article about the kershaw Natix, I have yet another reason to be disgusted by the actions of Marfione and microtech which furthers my resolve to never purchace another knife of theirs again no matter how much i like the design. on the plus side if i really like a certain microtech knife i can probably just buy the knife from the maker they stole the design from :)

So now... Microtech (Anthony L. & Susan Marifione) are suing Anthony G. Marifone in McKean County Pennsylvania. Anthony G. is their eldest son who started Heretic Knives.

wtf?

So now... Microtech (Anthony L. & Susan Marifione) are suing Anthony G. Marifone in McKean County Pennsylvania. Anthony G. is their eldest son who started Heretic Knives.wtf?

Interesting commentry on their family.

I disposed of all my Microtechs after the 0777 incident. I will never own another.

I really like the microtech sigil but i refuse to support microtech ever again. if another company made the sigil it would be in my pocket right now

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing out. I bought one and it was terrible. Handle full of oddly jaggy protrusions and a neat clip that didn't work worth a damn in practice. Sold it almost immediately.

So now... Microtech (Anthony L. & Susan Marifione) are suing Anthony G. Marifone in McKean County Pennsylvania. Anthony G. is their eldest son who started Heretic Knives.

wtf?

Wait, WHAT? Where did you see this?

Here's the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170418-231658.png
    Screenshot_20170418-231658.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
NOT THAT I MENTION IT FOR ANY SPECIFIC REASON *cough Anthony M's a turd cough*, but there's a blogger/lawyer specializing in First Amendment cases who goes by Popehat and tries pretty hard to hook people up with pro bono defense for defamation cases.

I think Mr. Sculimbrene is an attorney and KAI obviously has that covered, but if he started making noises at Scurvy or anyone, might be a good resource to keep in mind.

Back