Natrix vs matrix the 0777 quagmire

This is all very intriguing to watch, not being a fan of any of the involved parties. I'm interested to see how far down this rabbit hole Microtech is willing to go. There's a fellow on that KnifeNews Facebook thread calling himself Darrick Nok Allen. Does that gentleman actually work at Microtech like he claims? For the life of me I can't imagine a public persona that would hurt a business more than him. He's going on social media to threaten to beat up anybody that says anything bad about his employer. How does anybody think that that's going to turn out well for the company? I have to agree with SpySmasher. I'm both appalled and thoroughly impressed.
This is the knife-world equivalent to a train wreck.

No Microtech for me either. I sure am glad I have myself 2 of the 0777s in my collection. One with M390 and an original with the damascus blade. Seeing this makes me smile as I watch both of those go up in value :D

This is all very intriguing to watch, not being a fan of any of the involved parties. I'm interested to see how far down this rabbit hole Microtech is willing to go. There's a fellow on that KnifeNews Facebook thread calling himself Darrick Nok Allen. Does that gentleman actually work at Microtech like he claims? For the life of me I can't imagine a public persona that would hurt a business more than him. He's going on social media to threaten to beat up anybody that says anything bad about his employer. How does anybody think that that's going to turn out well for the company? I have to agree with SpySmasher. I'm both appalled and thoroughly impressed.
it appears he is a tattoo artist who does there sales and artist stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/derrick.allen.754
https://www.instagram.com/derricktattoo863/

Just took a quick look, wow.

You would think that in the midst of a lawsuit Anthony and his wife would refrain from antagonizing strangers on the internet...

I think everything Marfione has done has proven that he nearly impervious to reason. It takes an extremely irrational person to steal a design from a huge company and think you can get away with it totally without consequence.

My only suggestion in any of this BS is that if anyone is planning on boycotting anyone IMHO they should refrain from announcing it on a public forum where its possible it could be used as evidence of monetary loss and reinforcing a case.

My only suggestion in any of this BS is that if anyone is planning on boycotting anyone IMHO they should refrain from announcing it on a public forum where its possible it could be used as evidence of monetary loss and reinforcing a case.
except that this is due to him suing them, not because of the original article.

i wouldnt buy one because due to Anthony's response as noted on the first post, about the natrix that he posted on facebook, and i quote "blow me".

its no ones fault but his own that he replicates other knife designs from other manufactures as his own. the matrix for example is a mirror image of the 0777 from ZT. and thats not the only example.

I do like Microtech knives they've functioned well for me. This is mixing feelings for me because on one hand I was able to just move past the original conflict between 0777/Matrix, chalking it up to being a feud going on and they would just let it go. This is going a little far for me personally. I don't think I'll be buying too many new knives from a certain manufacturer.

it appears he is a tattoo artist who does there sales and artist stuff.

I saw his page, I'm just hoping for Microtech's sake that he's not really part of their company. Maybe he's just a misguided fan that added that title to his Facebook page in an attempt to make himself look official during an online fight? I don't know enough about the company to know if that's the case.

I understand that some people think that the tough guy act is a good way to sell knives, but I think that that goes out the window when you start suing people for assault because they said something that you don't like. To the tough guys out there it makes you look like a snitch and another term that rhymes with snitch and to the rest of us it makes you look like somebody that's mentally unstable. I really don't understand who they're marketing to after watching this whole saga unfold. What is their endgame here? Is this a volcano that's been waiting for years to erupt or did ZT get under their skin enough that they threw all business sense out the window? I don't understand how somebody dense enough to allow this Derrick to represent their company could have ever been successful in the first place. I feel like there has to be a piece of the puzzle that I'm missing somewhere.

Daytime soap operas don't have have jack on the Facebook drama. Sadly, none of this is surprising based on MT's past behavior. What concerns me most is going after a blogger/reviewer for an article. While you may not like the author, article or situation, it opens a very scary can of worms for reviewers, and also for anyone commenting on this forum or other social media platforms.

except that this is due to him suing them, not because of the original article.

i wouldnt buy one because due to Anthony's response as noted on the first post, about the natrix that he posted on facebook, and i quote "blow me".

its no ones fault but his own that he replicates other knife designs from other manufactures as his own. the matrix for example is a mirror image of the 0777 from ZT. and thats not the only example.

I know the history of him ripping people off more than most. Not sure why you are even bringing it up as if im defending him in the first place. Im just saying that if someone wanted to cherry pick comments and present them in court as evidence that this whole situation has damaged their sales it could happen. I dont know how deep the courts would go to determine whether the comments of boycotting MT were a result of which action.

Daytime soap operas don't have have jack on the Facebook drama. Sadly, none of this is surprising based on MT's past behavior. What concerns me most is going after a blogger/reviewer for an article. While you may not like the author, article or situation, it opens a very scary can of worms for reviewers, and also for anyone commenting on this forum or other social media platforms.
Exactly. That's a really disturbing precedent to set. That potentially opens the door to lawsuits for bad reviews as "damaging to the brand or future sales." That's my big beef with this. Let me be clear- if it weren't for this lawsuit, I probably would be a Microtech customer. But this response hurts the industry in general, and is incredibly petty. Not to mention if he wanted to bury the controversy from the Matrix/Natrix, he's done exactly the opposite. So it's petty, harmful, and ineffective. Good job AM.

These comments with people claiming to not buy any products are coming after the suit. As the dated comments will show, therefore the argument wont hold water. If anything, comments like this by his staff:
1zegrao.jpg
104je47.jpg

29dfgas.jpg

Demonstrate it is most likely due to the bad PR across the entire company. When you purposely troll and talk down to people you are losing money. If the KAI and the blogger were smart, they would be taking screen shots of everything. Many are boycotting because they are suing a blogger, not because what the blogger said.

Do we really need to keep reading this drivel? I quit FB long ago. Not for this reason but I sure don't need to see more posts of this garbage here.

I use Facebook for my personal life, and dedicated knife forums or other social media for knives. I don't mix the two because when I briefly joined some facebook knife groups I was astounded by idiocy in them. It's like YouTube comment levels of ridiculous. But that's the price you pay for accessibility.

Speaking of Facebook, Microtech just released an official statement that is a lot more like an actual press release. I still don't understand how they can insist people are lying about the Matrix/0777 thing when Marfione himself admitted to stealing the design.

I use Facebook for my personal life, and dedicated knife forums or other social media for knives. I don't mix the two because when I briefly joined some facebook knife groups I was astounded by idiocy in them. It's like YouTube comment levels of ridiculous. But that's the price you pay for accessibility.

Speaking of Facebook, Microtech just released an official statement that is a lot more like an actual press release. I still don't understand how they can insist people are lying about the Matrix/0777 thing when Marfione himself admitted to stealing the design.
where is there release?

here is the one they made where they said they copied the 777
https://www.docdroid.net/file/download/XNl27ap/microtechknives-natrixreleaseresponse-2017127.pdf
via http://knifenews.com/microtech-responds-to-kershaw-natrix/

Here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/MicrotechKnivesOfficial/posts/1833541920242068:0&width=500

For non-Facebook people, here is the original text unaltered:

"
Freedom of Expression and Defamation

The First Amendment to the US Constitution provides that the government cannot censor speech, prevent people from peaceably gathering together, establish a religion, or prevent people from freely exercising religious beliefs.

This right to free speech entitles a person the freedom to form and express their own opinion, to the extent that they do not incite or cause harm to others in doing so.

A person has every right to call someone an asshole, or to publicly state that they don’t like a product. They’re entitled to say that it’s a bad product. These are all statements of opinion and are protected under the First Amendment.

However, to claim that the maker of a product is a liar, is deceptive, and is a thief without providing substantial evidence of proof, is considered an unfounded claim and a defamatory accusation, directed personally to an individual’s character with the intent to cause harm to that person’s reputation.

Defamation lawsuits are a long established, recognized right and a legal method of dealing with untrue statements that intend to damage an individual and/or their reputation.

Defamation lawsuits do not seek to censor an individual or to limit their expression of opinion. They are in place to protect individuals from untrue and unjust statements.

As a manufacturer creating specialized products for specific user groups and purposes, review and critique of those products is essential for the evolution and advancement of innovation. As a knife maker with decades of contribution to the industry, Anthony Marfione and Microtech Knives openly welcome and encourage constructive criticism of our products.

We challenge everyone, especially those who are skeptical of our product quality, to pick up a Microtech or Marfione Custom product for yourself. If after comparing our products to the competitor’s, you feel we’re offering a sub-par product, we would love to hear your feedback on how we can improve.

We strive to deliver American-Made craftsmanship with superior quality. We believe this is evident as soon as you pick up a Microtech or Marfione Custom product. We understand that no product is perfect and we count on our customers to provide feedback and criticism to understand how we can improve. Your feedback enables us to deliver the best products possible, striving to continuously improve upon and evolve our level of craftsmanship.

To all of our customers, and to all those who support the evolution and advancement of the knife industry, we are grateful for your contribution, your criticism and your support.
"

Reactions: Mo2
Back