• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Need 3D modelling work

Hoping to find someone that can turn a traditional draft into DXF, DWG and PDF file for Waterjet and Laser cutting?

Are you still in need of CAD drawing? I can provide 2D PDF and DXF. Also can do 3D models.

See this interactive image of a knife I drew in 3D http://a360.co/2fycOeg The image can be rotated, zoomed, and exploded using the tools below the image.

A basic 2D PDF/DXF profile is $10.00. I sketch from the image you provide. Send you the draft. You make any edits to the draft and return it. I incorporate the edits and send you the revised draft. If you approve then I send the invoice for $10.00. When the invoice is paid I send the 100% scale PDF and DXF files. If you want additional edit sessions they are charged at $5.00 for each time you return the draft with requested edits.
The first draft will be as close to your image as possible. If you have a good image and just need it made into digital typically it is done for the $10.00 initial cost.
You probably already know that this type of service will cost you $50.00 - $60.00 per blank at a shop.

Contact me for additional details if you are interested. See website in my signature

Hello! Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I apologize for the late reply, I've been spending a lot of time on my home remodelling project.

I am still in need of some modelling work. I wish I would have read your reply sooner.

I own a brand new belt grinder/knife making supply business and I'm constantly designing new components for grinders. I can certainly supply clear drafts for modelling. I'm working on another component right now. If you're still interested, I will send the files along to you when I'm finished drawing them?

Thank you again.

Jo

Last edited:
Hi Jo,

I also design tools for knifemaking and should not have any problems preparing the 2D drawings, DXF, or 3D models you might need. Do you have a website I would enjoy seeing what you are doing.

That's great! Now you have my gears turning! :)

We have a brand new website (www.vashtitacticaldesign.ca) but it's under construction at the moment. We have new banner backgrounds coming with our logo and information, which we are going to use to take photos of our grinders and attachments. If you like, I can email you some photos of what we have done already.

We have a new commercial 3 arm grinder due for release HOPEFULLY by the end of July. We wanted to release it earlier, but have been advised to be 100% ready with safety decals and disclaimers in place because it will be sold for commercial use.

Regards,

Jo

Contact me using the contact page on the website in my signature. I tried to private message you on here but it was not allowed.

Back