Need help deciding.

I have a HUCK and a D-Guard. Of the 2 the HUCK is better. The D-Guard has too thick shoulders and too much rearward weight to get a good bite. That said, from what I've picked up on the forum, the B11 might be best. If you really don't want to use any, you could get a Fiskars hatchet from the hardware store for around $35. But where's the fun in that? Sounds like a good time for a chop-off ;)

After using most varieties of BM's I find the light weight and versatility of the B11 to be amazing! All have there place, don't get me wrong, but I'll never sell my b11 ;) I hope that helps ya!

Just get 'em all and sell what doesn't fit your needs.

You've already had the sort of answer I would give (B11, or all of them) but I just want to say I'm envious of the chopping fun you're about to have!

There's something empowering about chopping with a Busse that makes it worth every dollar and then some.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Whatever I choose, I will make a video. I lean now toward the B11 as I love the look of non covered blades. This will be my first INFI strip.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Whatever I choose, I will make a video. I lean now toward the B11 as I love the look of non covered blades. This will be my first INFI strip.
And if the look of the strip job doesn't strike your fancy, I know an abusive home you could pass it along to :D

An axe is the proper tool for chopping trees and firewood. If you want a pig sticker, consider Old Hickory Pig sticker model knife. Get a leather sheath made by your local saddlery shop and keep it sharp. It will kill hogs just fine.

I would say the hawk. Knives will chop but the hawk is made for it.

In Terms of Raw Chopping:

The WTF BG is equivalent to an small/med axe.

The Huck is equivalent to a small axe

The B11 is equivalent to a hatchet

I feel dirty choosing one --- so I won't. If I had to choose two, I'd say the WTF/Huck for heavy chopping and the B11 for everything else.

As you can see, i still ended up choosing all three --- so I am of absolutely no help to you lol

Thanks for the help that doesn't help. I am still so undecided as to which knife or hatchet to use. I also now have the pork chop coming and that looks to be a great chopper also. Arghh.

Back