Need help- sort of related to Tenkara style rods

I have been out of fishing for some time. I grew up using bamboo poles and travel a bit now so I am basically looking for something like a telescoping Tenkara rod but weighted to handle fish to 10-12lbs.

No reel need apply. This is for jigging and bait fishing- something 10-12' extended.

Thanks,
Bill

there are telescope models all over Ebay for cheap prices. The ones from China arrive in a week! Not great rods, but not too bad either. I still ise bamboo poles and long telescope poles too....

Tom,
Will those 7:3 carbon rods take a 12lb fish in a river current? I busted a vintage split bamboo rod on a bass once.

Thanks,
Bill

I can't say I used them for that yet. I have used them in my work car to get 4 to 5 lb bass. The 8' to 10' ones can be bought for $10 or less.....Worth a try.

Thank you guys- this gives me a few things to try out. Portability is an issue as I often have to use public transport overseas and I do not want to invest too much in something which may be lost or left behind as a gift :) but these both seem to be decent options.

Thanks,
Bill

Back