Need suggestions!!!

ok, I would love to find the perfect knife which I've come close...

I want a blade, preferably around 3.5" accompanied by a bottle opener. That's it! I bought a spyderco clipi-tool because it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for but it's just too small. If I could find that knife but about an inch longer I'd be happy... I'd also prefer that it has a locking blade as well.

I have a few scout knives but don't need 3 other blades on the knife, that adds a lot of bulk to the knife.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

The closest I can find is the Victorinox Adventurer, 3.5 inch blade with other tools incl. a bottle opener. I would bet that a typical Vic 91mm would serve you well. The blade is short of 3 inches but longer than the clipit. The bantam model is exactly what you are looking for if you can accept a little shorter than 3.5 inch blade.
If you want something nice with a 2.75 inch blade check out the Trestle Pines Grand Portage, nice barlow style with a screwdriver/caplifter that I carry all the time.Also the blade is CPM 154.

Check out the new Leatherman KB pocketknife. Single blade and the pocket clip is designed to function as a bottle opener.

A Multitool with a larger blade and not too thick in the hand is the Victorinox One Hand Trekker I don't know the exact dimensions but for what all it packs it seems a decent size.

A 3.5 inch blade knife should be plenty sturdy to open bottles with the spine. Are you trying to open pickles?
Oh its multitool forum nm then

Last edited:
Closest you can get if OHO is prefered is probably a SRM 6020, SRM 4057 or SRM6027.
If you are looking for a SAK or Multitool then options are almost endless

I really didn't like the Kershaw select fire that I had, but it's a pretty popular model and fits your bill perfectly.

BTW Why is it so important to have a bottle opener on your knife ?
I have absolutely zero need for a tool to remove bottle caps because my mountain Dew is best enjoyed from a frosty can, but if I did need one I'd rather just carry a multitool that's got one.
The leatherman micra is a great little tool, and the one time I had a 6 pack of bottled Dew's to open 8 year's ago it's cap lifter worked great.

It's true, I'm getting a little obsessive about knives, haha. So easy to do tho!

I bought a case mini trapper last night. Doesn't fit the lockable blade category but it called to me so I picked it up.

I think I'm gonna get either a Vic picknicker or a ranger grip 68.

Blackhawk Hawkpoint
blackhawk-hawkpoint.jpg

AUS-8, Made in Taiwan, very similar in build to a Baker Subcom but much more robust.

Underrated knife, Underrated company. Pretty good, small knife for $20.

Oh, there's also one of my favorites, the alox Bantam.

foto-306.JPG

Last edited:
Back