Neil Blackwood?

Once again, I would like to thank all of my good friends here on BF.com! Without your continued support, feedback, suggestions, and often criticisms, I would have never progressed to the point where companies like Outdoor Edge would have been interrested in my work.

As David mentioned, Dennis Bible desererves VERY special thanks!!

I would also like to thank David for all the time he spent with me at the Blade Show. I recieved a 3 day, crash course in the knife industry, knife manufacturing and marketing. Judging by the many people from other knife companies that visited the Outdoor Edge booth, Dave is very well regarded in the industry!

After much discussion in Atlanta, I found that producing a factory made version of my Small Hunter will require a lot of planning and effort. I'm confident that Dave and Outdoor Edge will produce a winner!

Neil

Congrats Neil!!!

That is awesome!

I second the D2. That's the steel I think of first when I think of Neil's work. And in a smaller blade like this I don't think you really need the toughness that your paying for with S30V.

Micarta or G10, both are excellent.

Congratulations to both Neil and Outdoor Edge, for what is sure to become an extremely successful venture!

I too like the idea of D2 and micarta. And of course, the red spacer is a must.

My favorite look is, red spacer/DARK black handle material. Please polish that Micarta.

S30V! Lots of requests for D2, but the write ups of S30V in Blade magazine by Phil Wilson have tilted my opinion towards S30V.

A higher quality stainless like 440C, ATS-34 or any carbon steel would be great. G10 or micarta for the handles would suit me just fine.

In my opinion, if ya get too fancy not many will be happy with the price. If ya keep it simpler and cheaper yet high quality you'll have a real winner.

That looks like a knife that I would buy. The regular version (aus8, kraton) sounds fine to me.

Is there any update on the knife yet - my fried just bought a Blackwood and was so impress wanted to get if of him but he wouln't sell it.

Just came across this thread!:eek:

I would LOVE to get something like the upscale version! I too love D2 but seems like S30V has the best "press" right now in the industry and as soon as Crucible gets it flowing again it should really take the forefront. Plus it is more stain resistant than 440C and tougher to boot. (I am NO expert but it seems that for prodos stainless sells better.)
SO, my vote would be skeletonized, red spacer, micarta, S30V!:D

An "upscale" model of this knife is just the ticket IMO. Micarta, red spacer and D-2 or S30V all the way.
Talonite would put this piece out of reach for many, if not most, of the knife buying public. The D-2 or S30V would keep the price down in an area where most of us can acquire this outstanding collaboration.

This thread should be posted over in the General Forum. I imagine they'll be beating the doors down when they find out about this collab.:D

Sweetest small utility i ever handled.

Yeah to skeletonized handles, D2 & Micarta or G10. S30V seems like a good idea if it does not raise the cost too much.

Maybe a limited production upscale version with tapered tangs married to some of the gorgeous wood that Neil puts on his knives?

Limsk

Originally posted by boonhtan
Is there any update on the knife yet - my fried just bought a Blackwood and was so impress wanted to get if of him but he wouln't sell it.

Attachments

• myblkw.jpg
    myblkw.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 38
Back