Nessmuk Group Buy - Steel Has Been Ordered

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have talked with a fella that is interested in this project and bounced some ideas off him.

I think I will do a run of the knife in BOTH 3V and 4V.

The 3V run will come first and consist of atleast 10 knives, possibly a couple more.

The 4V run will happen after the 3V knives are finished and shipped.

This is good news for those that wanted both steels, hopefully you will not mind waiting a little longer for the 4V.

For the Steel. I typically buy steel that is 10% to 15% over nominal size. This means the thickness of the 3/32" blades will be .100"- .110". Still thin enough for great cutting geometry with enough thickness rougher use. This should make the guys that wanted 1/8" happy as well.

Handle Scale Options: Anything that Alpha Knife Supply has in their inventory of proper thickness, Black Canvas and Linen Micarta, Natural Canvas and Linen Micarta- these will be included in the standard price. I will also offer Shadetree CC Micarta at a $20 upcharge, this will be limited to what they have in stock as well.
At this time I do not want to deal with wood.

I will try to get some sketching done this week with a couple possible patterns to choose from.

As always, I look forward to your thoughts, opinions, and questions.

Last edited:
i would love to get in on this. Been eyeing your blades for quite some time, and the Muk is my fav.
Where will we be able to sign up for one?

Chris- will there be a difference in price for the 3v vs. the 4v? If so, can you predict how much? $20 for shadetree upgrade? I'm in for the shadetree. Would you be willing to use pieces sent to you of micarta from shadetree I already have? Kind of messes with things.. So I would understand a "No." :)

Kydex or leather? Options of either? Taco/fold over with your retention and thumb ramp for release... rivets for small tek lok? Kydex is best for parents with kids that like to grab things... :)

Can't wait to see drawings and curious on how you will finish scales... coke bottle style or tapered?? or??

Later!

That is the best road map I could have imagined. I am just wondering what would be the best grind for that 3V version and what would be the finest finish available. I would vote for the polished version.

I definitely want one in 3V and would love to see what you can get in Shadetree micarta with a kydex sheath. Have you decided on the blade length and the grind?

I'll hold out for the 4V knife. Definitely want Shadetree micarta, when it gets to that point, let's see what handle colors are available.

Subscribed and watching!

Ive wanted to pick up one of your blades and now is a good time as any

Just checked out shade tree. I really like the natural canvas micarta to match my puukko, but shade tree has that Navy Blue!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Finish: NOT polished, please... I'd love to see a stone washed acid finish.. something grey'ish with lots of 3-5mm "scratches" on it...Looks great and hides use scuffs and scratches very well...

Finish: NOT polished, please... I'd love to see a stone washed acid finish.. something grey'ish with lots of 3-5mm "scratches" on it...Looks great and hides use scuffs and scratches very well...

Agreed. NO polished blades for me please. I look forward to using the knife, not just looking at it.

I am for a 3v, full flat grind, polished. Have no idea what kind of micarta is better here. Looking forward to sseing the design.

Last edited:
You folks are dangerous...
I came here after a Kephart (which I hope will happen anyway) but this Nessmuk path is slippery :rolleyes:
3V, 4V, Shadetree micarta...:eek:

:cool:

Back