Nessmuk photo & discussion thread

Do you have asp? I actually prefer asp over Nessmuk

I have both Kodiak and Camp Nessie and like Kodiak better

RM nessmuk looks interesting

does somebody have comparison photo to Hantsman?

No Huntsman on hand but I can put up some photos of the RMN next to an Asp sometime this weekend for you. The entire Sneaky Pete line is fantastic, great handle and overall design.

The Kodiak is a great larger Nessmuk model too. I am the opposite of you in my preference, but the two Camp Muks are very close for me.

Hello FeralGentleman, do you still have your FB stubby, mini, ness, and camp ness? Could trouble you for a pic of the family together?
(It's really for the Fiddleback family knife set thread... So no worries if you don't have the time, but just thought I'd ask...)

Thanks!!

Hello FeralGentleman, do you still have your FB stubby, mini, ness, and camp ness? Could trouble you for a pic of the family together?
(It's really for the Fiddleback family knife set thread... So no worries if you don't have the time, but just thought I'd ask...)

Thanks!!

I bought those as a set on a Friday some time back. Here are the Fiddleback photos. If you want I can dig around and see if I have a pic of them together, otherwise I can take one if these don't work.

IMG_9872-vi.jpg

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

Does the shape of the Nessmuk blade evoke thoughts of the beluga whale for anyone else, or is it just me?

LUV7aDS.jpg

In any case, I really can't get enough of this blade shape. I'm very attracted to the Sylverfalcen blade shape as well. I know that these are more unfamiliar, and probably less attractive, shapes for most. But my eyeballs find pleasure in them. I know that the RMN is just a tad longer than the Minimuk, but it seems only in the handle? Which would be the more comfortable knife for a true medium-sized hand?

Last edited:
In any case, I really can't get enough of this blade shape. I'm very attracted to the Sylverfalcen blade shape as well. I know that these are more unfamiliar, and probably less attractive, shapes for most. But my eyeballs find pleasure in them. I know that the RMN is just a tad longer than the Minimuk, but it seems only in the handle? Which would be the more comfortable knife for a true medium-sized hand?

Both are similar in handle size. Both the RMN and minimuk have comfortable handles. I am partial to the RMN, and I think you would find it to be a comfortable handle for your hand size. The added security of the slight guard and overall design of the RMN will give you more utility IMHO, but the minimuk looks good too (I have limited use with my minimuk to be honest. I have not had much desire to reach for any of the muks really after getting a RMN)

Thanks for the feedback, FG. That Osage one you've got is really nice. Hopefully an RMN will show up on a Wednesday. By the way, do you have sheaths for your muk knives?

Thanks for the feedback, FG. That Osage one you've got is really nice. Hopefully an RMN will show up on a Wednesday. By the way, do you have sheaths for your muk knives?

Currently I just toss it 'loosely' in a sheath for a fiddleback nessmuk, it rides deeper and has a bit of handle rock but it holds the knife. I can test some fitments with some of the commonly offered sheaths from the known leather workers, but I suspect you'll really need to get a specific sheath worked out for it if you want the best fit. I have a list of leather projects here to practice on, most all tools needed...no time to sit down and concentrate on it. If I ever come up with something I'll post a pic here.

Back