NEW 4.7 Thread

Oh man, that apocalypse looks great. I think I've been looking at the large model. If you get one, pics and thoughts please!!

I packed my little splinter today on an outing. It is really very handy and light. Also, it seems the N690 has a pretty 'toothy' edge, or at least the factory edge on this one feels that way to me. Flies through paracord :thumbup:

I have been talking with Andrius and I think i will bite the bullet on an apocalypse-m (smaller version to the regular kind)
I will give you an updat once she arrives! I was tossing it up with going for the k1 but settling for the apocalypse instead

Glad to know yours is serving you well so far :(

Last edited:
Got my shipping notice yesterday!!! I should have my new 4.7s early next week!

Got my shipping notice yesterday!!! I should have my new 4.7s early next week!

Just curious are yours Pre-Orders or Factory 2nds? Also, when did you order them? I'm curious because I'm just waiting for one my Factory 2nd I ordered in December. Congrats!!

I ordered my 4.7 in november and still awaiting fulfillment. Im sure it will be well worth the wait but makes me wonder how people ordering a f2 4.7 a month after me already have theirs in hand.

Iamanian, some options seem to take longer to ship than others. I recently received a 2nd 4.7 20CV that I ordered in the middle of October.
Different handles, different steel, maybe even different sheath, it all seems to randomize the delivery order.
I have ordered and received four Survive knives in the last seven months, so the process is slow but orders are shipping.

Im sure your right and realize that my previous post may have come off as a bit annoyed but actually im not. I really just happy to finally have a sk! ordered and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Lamanian - No worries, we're all anxious to get our knives. Let us know when you get your notification and post a review.

Im sure your right and realize that my previous post may have come off as a bit annoyed but actually im not. I really just happy to finally have a sk! ordered and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Your question is one that will continue to come up time and again if the business model stays the way it is. I'm not sure if this would be the solution Guy and Ellie are after, but if what we see now being sold as 'seconds' transitioned into the 'sk' line, I think it would help a lot with PR. When you find a blank that's not going to make a first.......hand it off to the help to slap black canvas scales on it, pair it with a black sheath, and get it listed on the sk line. Not sure that we'll see that happen, but it would keep Guy working on the GSO/Firsts line and mitigate a lot of the bad PR in an internet age where perception is reality.

HK, I'm not sure what your degree is in from the Royal Academy of Hard Knocks, but I really like your idea. Yet another benefit to using the same steel for both GSO and SK lines. Wouldn't that be something if all seconds were no longer seconds?... they just became SKs and we're immediately readied and sold.

HK, I'm not sure what your degree is in from the Royal Academy of Hard Knocks, but I really like your idea. Yet another benefit to using the same steel for both GSO and SK lines. Wouldn't that be something if all seconds were no longer seconds?... they just became SKs and we're immediately readied and sold.

It was the first thing I thought when I heard Ellie say they were (most likely) going to stick with 3V for that line. I don't know if they'll adopt this way of doing it, but I hope they consider it if Ellie stumbles through this thread. It would never have made sense if they were going to do the sk line in another steel, but now, maybe.......

Your question is one that will continue to come up time and again if the business model stays the way it is. I'm not sure if this would be the solution Guy and Ellie are after, but if what we see now being sold as 'seconds' transitioned into the 'sk' line, I think it would help a lot with PR. When you find a blank that's not going to make a first.......hand it off to the help to slap black canvas scales on it, pair it with a black sheath, and get it listed on the sk line. Not sure that we'll see that happen, but it would keep Guy working on the GSO/Firsts line and mitigate a lot of the bad PR in an internet age where perception is reality.

HK, that is one heck of a good idea!

HK, are you responding to the "Future of the SK Line" thread here in the 4.7 thread?

Back