New 940-1702 REI Dealer Exclusive

940-1702_NPA_zpsje7cdt8b.jpg

I assume this isn't violating any forum rules since I didn't post a link?

Very nice, I have the REI 531 with green g-10
this one is $195

be looking for REI member deals and discounts

Yep, they will have a 15/20% coupon or deal eventually. I have a guy who gets coupons twice a year and I already got on his list for one, but it's 4 months from now.

I like it. Got the green, got the purple, with the flow-through construction and the G10 scales of the -2 series. I'll have to go fondle one at the REI up the street sometime soon.

I like it. Got the green, got the purple, with the flow-through construction and the G10 scales of the -2 series. I'll have to go fondle one at the REI up the street sometime soon.
right now it looks like they are on-line only and not in the stores yet
I like it!

The 943 does not get enough love there are basicly no one-offs for it and such not to say I prefer it myself but I do think it deserves some variations out there. I do like this and my only gripe would be that the steel wasn't any type of upgrade kinda disappointed in that but not a big deal given the price is so near the normal 940-2.

I dig it. It fixes the main issue I have with the 940, which is the aluminum handle. I've just never been fond of the feel of them.

I am agreeing with the others, nice knife, but I am out due to the S30V.

agree with others 943 would be a winner. steel wise im good with benchmade s30v. like the newer super steels, but good s30v works and is still a top choice for a user.

agree with others 943 would be a winner. steel wise im good with benchmade s30v. like the newer super steels, but good s30v works and is still a top choice for a user.
I don't think the complaint is against S30V but that a special version being nothing more than recolored is a bit of a let down. The Going Gear version for example has CPM-20CV for it's blade steel. It is more about something different than something "better" because right now all you get from the REI version is Green G-10 and Purple/Magenta Backspacers.

Back