New 940-1702 REI Dealer Exclusive

Funny how that is. I have mid techs and very high end production gold class benchmades with cf and titanium and I still think a regular aluminum 940 feels better.
I know a bunch of folks that have no issue with it, and even prefer it. I guess I never really warmed up to it.

Honestly, I find I'm more of a fan of the "plastic" handles these days. With the environment I work in, the less metal there is to corrode, the better.

I don't think the complaint is against S30V but that a special version being nothing more than recolored is a bit of a let down. The Going Gear version for example has CPM-20CV for it's blade steel. It is more about something different than something "better" because right now all you get from the REI version is Green G-10 and Purple/Magenta Backspacers.
yeah i get that. myself im good with s30v, thats all.

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the aluminum scales over the G10...just didn't like the 940-2 for that reason.

I like the lighter weight of the G10 scales, and S30V is ok with me, but I'd still rather spend a few dollars more for 20CV. I see a real difference in performance.

I visit the BM forum now and then to see what is going on. Don't have one yet. The 940-2 has been in my wishlist for a long time.

Mrs works at REI, and I get 30% off. I think I am heading over there as soon as they open :D

I visit the BM forum now and then to see what is going on. Don't have one yet. The 940-2 has been in my wishlist for a long time.

Mrs works at REI, and I get 30% off. I think I am heading over there as soon as they open :D
I don't think they are available in the store I was in REI just a few days before I saw this and they didn't have it in my store.

Going by the store locator, it's available in both of the stores closest to me.

cfq04CNh.jpg

Really nice. I have the 940-1501. I'm thinking the more deeply contoured grips on this version probably make for easier deployment since the thumb stud will be more exposed.

It's a beautiful blade. Perfect centering, smooth action, green G10 :thumbsup:. Love them US made knives.

I like how they kept that purple color for the standoffs. Like the aluminum green 940. Glad I held off on buying the 940-2.

Wow, I like the new take on the old colorway! I would love to see an aluminum handled 940 with standoffs. Best of both worlds.

REI members can get 20% off this knife this weekend with the member coupon.

Back