1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Car.....

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Andy the Aussie, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    .... yes mate, very nice...!!!!! There are a number of things I already prefer in the old one than the new, but they are very different fish. Because they have gone for one body and interior across the range there a few compromises, I went with full leather seating in both of these and the VE S2 (the blue one) is certainly a but better styled (but not as nicly finished). This new model is QUIET....freakishly so...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ...... yep.... but the fleet manager is a bit scared of me I think ;) so he goes above and beyond.... ;) everyone noticed that on the day the grey one was delivered he took the day off.... I think he was worried he had gotten the specs wrong.... :D :D

3. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Wow....how times flys...seems like yesterday the grey SV6 arrived.... and now I am just waiting on it's replacement to be delivered.... :eek:

4. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Sweet, looking forward to seeing pics of the new Nimbus 2000!

5. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    I like it!:thumbup:

Bet there's lots of room for knives.

6. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    I saw the word Holden and was hoping for an Australian V-8 Super Car! I like the Grey, same color as my hair!

How much horsepower?

7. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    No blue black g10? They need more color options

8. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Damn almost 4 years ago........geez where does the time go?:eek:

Whats taking it's place?:)

9. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Yeah... it seems like yesterday, truly YESTERDAY that the grey one arrived...! Waiting on another SV6 to be built, they have added lots of fluff (heads up display, GPS, keyless start etc) as standard inclusions but removed options like full leather interior. Still, there are tougher ways to get to work each day.

10. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Slick ride man! I am a ford fan over here in the states and I know you guys have a new style Falcon, I believe its a FPV FG GT-F, send one over here for me lol!

11. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Not really for down under. Turn it upside down and the steering wheel is on the proper side. :D Sweet ride Andy ! :thumbup:

12. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ... Ford (and FPV) have finished production here now as well sadly.

..... yes, hopefully the new one will arrive by mid-April... the Fleet people are already actively avoiding me...LOL

13. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Today's delivery....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Oh that's nice. Congrats man! How fast do you drive that thing?

15. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    Really close to blue/ black g10, after all...

16. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Very nice ! I like that blue paint
    Congrats !!

17. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Funny thing is that I am partial to blue cars (I know you would never have guessed) but Blue/Black G10 is close to my LEAST favourite knife handle material ! I will have to spend the day programming everything on this one now. About all I did yesterday was hook up my phone (as this is like a rolling desk for me at times) and drive home. I was going to take it away up the coast today but the fuel cards have not yet arrived (so I would have to pay for the fuel myself and claim it back later- no thank you ;) ) and as it is a long weekend here they have activated Double Licence Demerits (we have a point system for driver's licences - run out of points and no driving) for speeding and such....so I think I will just give it a wash here at home :D

18. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Damn Andy that's pretty. I love the colour. Awesome.

I wish you many happy miles behind the wheel.;)

19. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Thanks Mate...I was torn between the blue and another grey (this year's version is a couple of shades darker than the last one)...but blue won out in the end.

20. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    Gray? You mean Black Canvas, right?